NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

Kevin Durant is averaging a whopping 37 points a game in 2014! Give him the MVP now.

But think about the NBA's best interests to give the award again to its most prized asset LeBron.

But the difference is that Durant is significantly better this season, in the year's LeBron has won it, he was simply better than Durant, Durant may have been better, but he didn't have the most favorable argument. This year KD has significantly had the best season of his career, while LeBron is pretty much doing a little bit worse than last year, give the man the MVP. And also, you can argue Durant as the "most prized asset" while LeBron is LeBron, LeBron is also 30, Durant is 25. LeBron's prime is slowly going, but KD's is just beginning, between that and your obvious LeBron hate, even though it's hard to see a Laker-fan's reason to dislike him to the point where you have to rag on about it in every post.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its time to think about getting rid of the fan vote, Kobe even asked nobody to vote for him.

Yes, and that also leads to the allrichous snubbing of smaller-market guys (Josh Smith, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc.) It's gotten flat out ridiculous. While it's a good way to involve the fans, they usually at least miss 1 or 2 guys a year.

I don't get why people get outraged and want to take All Star votes away from the fans. The fan vote is really the only point. It's a meaningless exhibition placed in the middle of the season to give everyone a break. This is not the Hall of Fame. It's supposed to be a popularity contest.

I don't get why people get outraged and want to take All Star votes away from the fans. The fan vote is really the only point. It's a meaningless exhibition placed in the middle of the season to give everyone a break. This is not the Hall of Fame. It's supposed to be a popularity contest.

But it's supposed to feature the best nba players, not the most popular. And All-Star nominations go on career resume's, and it really takes away from someone like Josh Smith not being selected to one, when he probably should have been selected to at least 2 or 3. If they had a "Fame Game" that would feature fan-voted popular players, I'd be fine with it, but because the All-Star is supposed to put the league's best talent on display, and the fans are incompetent at putting the best players in this game.

But if everyone knows the fans are incompetent, it shouldn't take away from players' resumes that they weren't selected to one, right?

Being selected All-NBA at the end of the season is what that stuff is for. All-Star Weekend is just to have some events for fun, featuring a game where nobody plays defense.

But if everyone knows the fans are incompetent, it shouldn't take away from players' resumes that they weren't selected to one, right?

Being selected All-NBA at the end of the season is what that stuff is for. All-Star Weekend is just to have some events for fun, featuring a game where nobody plays defense.

Fair enough. Agree to Disagree,

Kevin Durant is averaging a whopping 37 points a game in 2014! Give him the MVP now.

But think about the NBA's best interests to give the award again to its most prized asset LeBron.
We get it, you hate LeBron. Give it a rest already.

Thankfully LeBron gets no help from officials.

The worst thing about Heat "fans" is that they take that sarcastic post of yours, take it seriously in all its vitriol, and turn it into a plea of the NBA fixing games against the Heat and LeBron. Easily the most detestable team and fans in sports today.

We get it, you hate LeBron. Give it a rest already.

Thankfully LeBron gets no help from officials.

The worst thing about Heat "fans" is that they take that sarcastic post of yours, take it seriously in all its vitriol, and turn it into a plea of the NBA fixing games against the Heat and LeBron. Easily the most detestable team and fans in sports today.

Really dude? I'm not really one to call others out, but this is a special cause. Does every single post in this thread have to complain about LeBron, the Heat, or their fans? You sound like a goddamned broken record. That every millennial is a lazy slacker, that are all heat fans, that listen to Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber, and go out twerking all night. Either gtfo or talk about something original, like not about LeBron or the Heat, I'm pretty sure most of us don't like the Heat just as much as you do (I hate them too). But we can at least find a good way to contribute to the thread without bringing that up in every single damn post.

You do realize that the Heat set an NBA record for least free throws shot by a team in a 7-game series in last year's Finals, right?

And All-Star nominations go on career resume's, and it really takes away from someone like Josh Smith not being selected to one, when he probably should have been selected to at least 2 or 3.

I love how Josh Smith of all people, ugly three-point chucker extraordinaire, is apparently the most egregious All-Star snub in your world.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You do realize that the Heat set an NBA record for least free throws shot by a team in a 7-game series in last year's Finals, right?

And All-Star nominations go on career resume's, and it really takes away from someone like Josh Smith not being selected to one, when he probably should have been selected to at least 2 or 3.

I love how Josh Smith of all people, ugly three-point chucker extraordinaire, is apparently the most egregious All-Star snub in your world.

I'm not saying Smith is a great, franchise player, but he has missed out on a couple of All-Star teams where he definitely should've been on them. He's been snubbed out of a couple, if you want another example, then I'll use LaMarcus Aldridge.

Carmelo Anthony scored 62 tonight, establishing a new MSG record.

And the Nets are heating up, LOOK OUT NYC UP IN THIS BIOTCH YEAHHHoh god we lost in the playoffs again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The All-Star reserves are in:

Eastern Conference

Chris Bosh
Roy Hibbert
Paul Millsap
John Wall
Joe Johnson
DeMar DeRozan
Joakim Noah
Western Conference
LaMarcus Aldridge
Chris Paul
James Harden
Dwight Howard
Tony Parker
Dirk Nowitzki
Damian Lillard

Notable exclusions are Lance Stephenson, Tim Duncan, Kyle Lowry, Demarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, and Aaron Affalo.

I think they HAVE to be holding off on Anthony Davis so that Adam Silver can announce him as the replacement starter for Kobe Bryant. It'd be a HHHHUUUGGGGEEEE oversight if for all the effort they've put into the New Orleans market with the rebranding, the All-Star Game, and just the fact that they even kept the team there, that the #1 pick whose had a breakout year wouldn't be in the game.

Although on another note, the f*** is Joe Johnson doing there?

GR30a5H.png

I think they HAVE to be holding off on Anthony Davis so that Adam Silver can announce him as the replacement starter for Kobe Bryant. It'd be a HHHHUUUGGGGEEEE oversight if for all the effort they've put into the New Orleans market with the rebranding, the All-Star Game, and just the fact that they even kept the team there, that the #1 pick whose had a breakout year wouldn't be in the game.

Well Kobe was elected as a starter, so the question to ask is which reserve do you promote to replace him, enabling Davis to get a reserve spot? Or does Silver immediately upgrade Davis to Kobe's starting position?

Archived