NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

Bradley Beal also went off as well. If either one of them are going to make the All-Star team anytime soon (they both have it in them), Beal might make it first because of the relative lack of good SG's compared to good PG's. We may be the living in golden era for point guards.

Completely agree. They look like they honestly haven't missed a beat from last year, their chemistry is great. A formidable frontcourt is really all we need, and with roughly 21 million coming off the books in Okafor and Ariza's contracts, hopefully we can pick up someone good at the PF spot. Preferably someone who (doesn't) have injury problems, we already have our injury-prone 7-foot big man that we payed to much for.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity, does anybody have NBA League Pass? I've recently dropped cable altogether and I'm looking for a way to watch the NBA conveniently, without paying $75+ per month.

I didn't feel like making a new topic was necessary.

If it is, I'll do so!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Out of curiosity, does anybody have NBA League Pass? I've recently dropped cable altogether and I'm looking for a way to watch the NBA conveniently, without paying $75+ per month.

I didn't feel like making a new topic was necessary.

If it is, I'll do so!

I'm thinking about purchasing it as well. Never bought it before, but sometimes they have a "Free Preview Week" or something. Not sure if it's going to happen this season on not.

I had a package last year (can't remember the price unfortunately) but I got to pick 5 teams to watch anytime. That was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I'm not getting it this year.

I had a package last year (can't remember the price unfortunately) but I got to pick 5 teams to watch anytime. That was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I'm not getting it this year.

That was one of the options with NBA League pass.

You can choose all teams for $189, or five teams for $129.

I was considering the 5-team option.

If I pay for cable, that alone is $65+ per month, and the only reason I'd get cable again is to watch basketball... So, I think I'll pull the trigger on League Pass.

I picked Houston and Golden State randomly last year, they both were alot of fun to watch! But it was hard to set down and watch Golden State, being 3 hours behind me, I was in bed when most of their games tipped off. Don't pick a team with a really weird timezone, isn't as easy to watch. At least if their not your favorite teams.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/22/owners-to-vote-on-2-2-1-1-1-finals-format-wednesday/

Owners voting on a 2-2-1-1-1 playoff series format today. Please do the right thing and begone with this horrible 2-3-2.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That was one of the options with NBA League pass.

You can choose all teams for $189, or five teams for $129.

I was considering the 5-team option.

If I pay for cable, that alone is $65+ per month, and the only reason I'd get cable again is to watch basketball... So, I think I'll pull the trigger on League Pass.

I've had it for several years and really love it. For the 5 team option, my advice would be to hold off on choosing the teams until there's an actual game of theirs you want to watch. I messed up and chose the Lakers as a team at the start of the season last year, only to have them a) suck and B) be on national TV for any potentially intriguing game anyway.

This year, you can choose which broadcast team (home/away) you listen to. This is a major improvement, as the homerism on a local broadcast is unbearable. It's also a gives me hope that one day we'll be able to turn off the commentary and just listen to the arena as if we were there.

PJU85JF.png

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/22/owners-to-vote-on-2-2-1-1-1-finals-format-wednesday/

Owners voting on a 2-2-1-1-1 playoff series format today. Please do the right thing and begone with this horrible 2-3-2.

Approved.

This came out of nowhere, it seems. Frankly, it was a long friggen time coming. 2-3-2 only belongs in baseball best-of-7's, due to logistics. Glad the NBA finally fixed that.

spacer.png

That's pretty steep considering how many games you can watch nationally, but I'm guessing the target market is those whose favorite teams aren't the Lakers/Heat/Bulls/Knicks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've decided I'll be going with League Pass, most likely the "all teams" option.

It's not too steep for me. I've gotten rid of cable altogether, that's why this is attractive to me.

$190 up front, for 6 or 7 months of basketball, in my eyes, is better than spending $65+ per month to retain my cable services, and only get the national broadcasts, and the pistons/cavs broadcasts. All I'd be watching is basketball anyway, no need to spend $65 per month when the $190 would end up being cheaper in the long run (if I were to keep cable until season's end.)

For some it wouldn't be an attractive option, but for me, it is.

NBA League Pass is available through your cable provider, computer, ipad/iphone, android, apple tv, roku, and XBox 360.

EDIT: Also, the ability to replay games is a plus. You can also watch up to 4-games on one screen.

EDIT2: I've changed my mind. I failed to consider blackouts, etc.

Not only will I be unable to watch local broadcasts (Detroit, Cleveland), I will also be unable to watch nationally televised games (until the replays are available 2-4 hours after conclusion of the games).

Atleast that's my understanding, I'd love to learn that it's untrue.

Am I wrong, or did they only switch to the 2-3-2 format only just recently? Because I noticed it only this last Finals. Always remember it being 2-2-1-1-1 before..

I've decided I'll be going with League Pass, most likely the "all teams" option.

It's not too steep for me. I've gotten rid of cable altogether, that's why this is attractive to me.

$190 up front, for 6 or 7 months of basketball, in my eyes, is better than spending $65+ per month to retain my cable services, and only get the national broadcasts, and the pistons/cavs broadcasts. All I'd be watching is basketball anyway, no need to spend $65 per month when the $190 would end up being cheaper in the long run (if I were to keep cable until season's end.)

For some it wouldn't be an attractive option, but for me, it is.

NBA League Pass is available through your cable provider, computer, ipad/iphone, android, apple tv, roku, and XBox 360.

EDIT: Also, the ability to replay games is a plus. You can also watch up to 4-games on one screen.

EDIT2: I've changed my mind. I failed to consider blackouts, etc.

Not only will I be unable to watch local broadcasts (Detroit, Cleveland), I will also be unable to watch nationally televised games (until the replays are available 2-4 hours after conclusion of the games).

Atleast that's my understanding, I'd love to learn that it's untrue.

No, from everything I've read, you're right. It's basically only really useful as an addition to cable if you live out of market for your team or you're just a huge hoops junkie. I've considered it, but all I really want to watch is the Hawks and big regular season games. ABC, TNT, and ESPN are gonna show 142 games this season, so I'm going to stick with cable.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The Suns and Wizards just made a trade.

Wizards get: Marcin Gortat, Shannon Brown, Kendall Marshall, and Malcolm Lee

Suns get: Emeka Okafor, 2014 first round pick (top 12 protected)

Excellent trade for the Suns. They now could have as many as four picks in the upcoming loaded first round, and can buy out Okafor later on in the season. McDonough's doing a great rebuilding job so far. Not a bad trade for the Wizards either. Gortat should cement them as a playoff team, and at least the pick they gave up is protected if it doesn't work out.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived