Sign in to follow this  
TJKiddsHead

NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

The Warriors are a pretty big disappointment for me. I thought they'd be contending with the Clips instead of farting around the 7 seed. I blame the simultaneous futility and audacity of Mark Jackson.

On that note, Jackson just fired another assistant today, as if that's suddenly going to make him have a better feel at the X's and O's and be able to draw up plays.

The Warriors are a pretty big disappointment for me. I thought they'd be contending with the Clips instead of farting around the 7 seed. I blame the simultaneous futility and audacity of Mark Jackson.

On that note, Jackson just fired another assistant today, as if that's suddenly going to make him have a better feel at the X's and O's and be able to draw up plays.

Jackson didn't let him go, the GM did. And with a team who has had some harassment issues in the last few seasons, reading the quote from Bob Myers indicates it had to do with non-basketball issues.

Asked at Saturday's practice whether the incident that led to Erman's dismissal was crime related, Myers said, "I'm not really at liberty to discuss the specifics of what was violated, just to say that it was an organizational policy that was violated. I can't get into the specifics of what occurred."

Myers said the team learned of the issue a couple days ago and began an investigation.

"In any situation like this, you hear about it and then you have to do your research as to what transpired because this is not a decision we take lightly. We wanted to make sure we followed the correct protocol.

The decision to fire Erman was made Friday night, Myers said, adding, " With something like this, it needed to be discussed with general counsel and HR, as we would with any employee. So we took a couple days to go through the proper channels."

Looks like the Pacers will be at home during Game 7 of the ECF. Just like they wanted!

I really wish the Timberwolves would change their names to just the Wolves, and for OKC to go by Oklahoma. I just feel like their names are kinda unnecessarily long..

And the Trail Blazers could just be the "Blazers".

Although, that sounds kinda minor-league to me.

I really wish the Timberwolves would change their names to just the Wolves, and for OKC to go by Oklahoma. I just feel like their names are kinda unnecessarily long..

OKC should go by "OKC" then.

And the Trail Blazers could just be the "Blazers".

Although, that sounds kinda minor-league to me.

But the reason they're named the Trail Blazers is because of the Oregon Trail.

When did the Jazz get dancers?

BkvBZ0SCIAAMzyh.jpg

BkvBZ0SCIAAMzyh.jpg

Not soon enough.

Those uniforms need buttons.

BkvBZ0SCIAAMzyh.jpg

Why yes, they do. The Jazz Dancers go back, at least, to the Stockton-Malone days. I want to say that the team started in the mid-1990s.

Edited by DustDevil61

Those uniforms need buttons.

Mormon girls having the time of their life in buttoned dresses! All women should wear them!

BkvBZ0SCIAAMzyh.jpg

Why yes, they do. The Jazz Dancers go back, at least, to the Stockton-Malone days. I want to say that the team started in the mid-1990s.

That's interesting. I don't remember the Jazz having a dance team during the '97 & '98 NBA Finals.

Mormon girls having the time of their life in buttoned dresses! All women should wear them!

I am a proponent of women wearing buttoned jerseys, just not men who participate in athletic competition.

I am a proponent of women wearing buttoned jerseys, just not men who participate in athletic competition.

so are you saying women don't participate in athletic competition. You are sexist.

He would have said that if he had put a comma after "men," which he didn't. Eats, shoots, and leaves, bro!

A comparison between His Airness and Durant, 2 button-free players!

Bk90x01IgAEa1f0.jpg

Spurs are winning the title, I mean the Slurs, deal with it! And the Hawks are making the playoffs with their crappy uniforms.