NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

The Suns and Wizards just made a trade.

Wizards get: Marcin Gortat, Shannon Brown, Kendall Marshall, and Malcolm Lee

Suns get: Emeka Okafor, 2014 first round pick (top 12 protected)

Excellent trade for the Suns. They now could have as many as four picks in the upcoming loaded first round, and can buy out Okafor later on in the season. McDonough's doing a great rebuilding job so far. Not a bad trade for the Wizards either. Gortat should cement them as a playoff team, and at least the pick they gave up is protected if it doesn't work out.

I like it. Gortat's deal opens up about 7 Million in Cap this year, plus he is an incoming FA. Playoffs or bust for this team, and if it doesn't work it. We get the pick back. I'm not a fan of Kendall Marshall or Malcolm Lee. Neither of them can shoot, and are decent defensive players, but they're cheap deadweights that might not even make the team. I like Shannon Brown, could definitely come off the bench and knock down some shots to take the pressure of Beal and Webster and open up Wall to drive inside. Good deal for both teams, it's great to see the Sun's front office finally do a string of right things in a row. That never happened under Brian Colangelo. It's shocking that he actually won 2005 NBA Manager of the Year, given that he ruined a Suns Dynasty practically the exact season.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not jumping for joy over Gortat, but he is a decent big man with an expiring contract, and if the Wizards crash and burn, they'll still get their pick this season. I wouldn't have minded seeing if any other bigs were available though, like Omer Asik, Greg Monroe, or Kenneth Faried. Of all the transactions I've seen as a Wizards fan, I doubt this'll be my most hated.

To add a little quirk to the league changing the format of the NBA Finals back to 2-2-1-1-1, there will be an extra rest day between Games 6 and 7. As per the last couple of seasons the games being played on a Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday rotation, here's now how the format would look like:

Game 1: Thursday

Game 2: Sunday {1 day gap to next city}

Game 3: Tuesday

Game 4: Thursday {2 day gap to next city}

Game 5: Sunday {1 day gap to next city}

Game 6: Tuesday {2 day gap to final city}

Game 7: Friday

Just for reference.

The Suns and Wizards just made a trade.

Wizards get: Marcin Gortat, Shannon Brown, Kendall Marshall, and Malcolm Lee

Suns get: Emeka Okafor, 2014 first round pick (top 12 protected)

Excellent trade for the Suns. They now could have as many as four picks in the upcoming loaded first round, and can buy out Okafor later on in the season. McDonough's doing a great rebuilding job so far. Not a bad trade for the Wizards either. Gortat should cement them as a playoff team, and at least the pick they gave up is protected if it doesn't work out.

I like it. Gortat's deal opens up about 7 Million in Cap this year, plus he is an incoming FA. Playoffs or bust for this team, and if it doesn't work it. We get the pick back. I'm not a fan of Kendall Marshall or Malcolm Lee. Neither of them can shoot, and are decent defensive players, but they're cheap deadweights that might not even make the team. I like Shannon Brown, could definitely come off the bench and knock down some shots to take the pressure of Beal and Webster and open up Wall to drive inside. Good deal for both teams, it's great to see the Sun's front office finally do a string of right things in a row. That never happened under Brian Colangelo. It's shocking that he actually won 2005 NBA Manager of the Year, given that he ruined a Suns Dynasty practically the exact season.

I really wouldn't blame that on Colangelo. When Sarver bought the team, any moves that Colangelo would try to make, Sarver would block any moves and make his own. Reason why he left for Toronto. The two didn't get along and Sarver wanted his own guy.

LeBron calling Iverson the greatest basketball player hands down has to be some sort of subtle Donovan McNabb shout out.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This BUlls team confuses me. People insist they've got championship make up but I don't see it. Noah's alright and Rose is Rose, but their depth is mostly bad. Unless they make a deal or two in-season they're gonna do their usual Bulls thing and lose in the first round.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Alright, I'm late by roughly 2 and a half hours, but I may as well post my picks. I haven't seen a second of the Heat game yet, so I'll just post these before I get a first look at them.

East:

1. Miami Heat

2. Chicago Bulls

3. Indiana Pacers

4. Brooklyn Nets

5. New York Knicks

6. Washington Wizards

7. Detroit Pistons

8. Atlanta Hawks

9. Toronto Raptors

10. Cleveland Cavaliers

11. Milwaukee Bucks