NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

Technically it's not even the lakers' house. It's the kings. Just saying.

All seriousness, calm down. It was one game. Don't forget the beat downs the clippers gave the lakers last year and Kobe was on the floor. The bench played out of their minds tonight, I'll give you that, but I don't believe that will be the rule for this laker team. Stop relishing in your past because unless Magic, Kareem, and Shaq are coming back the lakers won't see another banner for awhile. The clippers on the other hand have a brighter future ahead. It's just the natural cycle of sports...it's the clippers turn to come up now.

Clippers fans talked a lot of trash last year and in the lead-up to this season only to see them loose to a categorically worse team. The same team they were talking trash to.

I have no dog in the Lakers/Clippers fight. I'm just telling you when you need to keep quiet and take your lumps. This is one of those times.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh? The Grizzlies had the same record as the Clippers and had a much more tenacious defense than anything Vinny could have had going. They weren't categorically worse at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Huh? The Grizzlies had the same record as the Clippers and had a much more tenacious defense than anything Vinny could have had going. They weren't categorically worse at all.

Reread that. Clippers/Lakers. Not Clippers/Grizzlies. (Where did you get Grizzlies from that?)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I strongly disagree.

As you don't have a dog in this fight let me school you on the lump taking business as a Clipper fan. For years, including last year, I've taken my fair share of lumps over the Clippers. Even when the Lakers are getting ran out the gym by "little brother" their fans don't shut up. Most of them anyway, not all. I consider myself to be a humble fan but not when it comes to Laker games. They took a game on Tuesday like they just won a ring then got clobbered the next night by a team the Clippers just beat.

If anyone needs to keep quiet it's those Laker fans. As far as I'm concerned after all the lumps I took being a fan, I've earned the right to run my mouth to Laker fans now that I have the better team. Even more so, they backed it up with their play against LAL up until Tuesday. I don't see a problem with anything I said after that loss. It wasn't blind fandom, it was fact. One game, no big deal, Lakers played above who they really are, etc. I think the Clips win last night showed that.

I strongly disagree.

As you don't have a dog in this fight let me school you on the lump taking business as a Clipper fan. For years, including last year, I've taken my fair share of lumps over the Clippers. Even when the Lakers are getting ran out the gym by "little brother" their fans don't shut up. Most of them anyway, not all. I consider myself to be a humble fan but not when it comes to Laker games. They took a game on Tuesday like they just won a ring then got clobbered the next night by a team the Clippers just beat.

If anyone needs to keep quiet it's those Laker fans. As far as I'm concerned after all the lumps I took being a fan, I've earned the right to run my mouth to Laker fans now that I have the better team. Even more so, they backed it up with their play against LAL up until Tuesday. I don't see a problem with anything I said after that loss. It wasn't blind fandom, it was fact. One game, no big deal, Lakers played above who they really are, etc. I think the Clips win last night showed that.

"School" me? Ok.

Look, I understand there's a weird Lakers/Clippers dynamic I'm an outsider to, so I won't touch that. All I'll say is that if you, as fans of one team, trash talk fans of another team and your team then looses it's probably a good idea to take your lumps and wait for the rematch. The Lakers were the worse team in that match up. Of course their fans were going to celebrate the win. And of course Clippers fans would take the brunt of it due to the after-mentioned trash talk. It's part of being a sports fan.

Reread that. Clippers/Lakers. Not Clippers/Grizzlies. (Where did you get Grizzlies from that?)

Yeah, not sure on my end either. Maybe he thought I was referencing the Grizzlies/Clippers playoff series? No, I was talking about the Lakers/Clippers game from opening night.

Here's a link to an article on it. Seems 'red beat me to it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/hall-fame-center-walt-bellamy-dies-74-20766393

He was quite a decent center back in the day, though I'm much too young to have seen this guy play. I found him through playing NBA 2k13. But he did end up on the Bullets at one point in his career, but I'm pretty sure most of his career was spent with the Hawks.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The Sixers remind me a little of Peter Gibbons in Office Space. He stopped caring about work, and his apathy got him a promotion. Philadelphia didn't care about trotting out a good team this season, and they're 3-0 having beat two of the better teams in the league. Next up, I expect Michael Carter-Williams to start hitting a copy machine with a baseball bat.

Also, while Walt Bellamy played his last game 28 years before I was born, I took a liking to him when I first became an NBA fan because of a book in my school's library. The book was on the history of the Wizards, and the first part of the book talked of the Chicago Packers and their superstar rookie Walt Bellamy. That book was a major reason I became a basketball and sports fan. So while his playing days were well before my time, I'll miss Bellamy. 31.6 PPG and you end up second in the race for the scoring crown though...

Maybe the Sixers are actually good. I mean, they've beaten 3 teams I picked to make the playoffs. I don't know, though. That lineup is meh, but Turner and Thad Young (especially Thad Young) have played pretty well. Still, I hate it when a bad team roster-wize plays really well, and is really good.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

On the Sixers: I seem to recall the Magic getting off to a similarly-hot start last year before initiating the tank. It's November, bad teams sometimes randomly look good early on when good teams are a.) coasting and b.) lacking sufficient tape on them.

Yeah but it's still cool to see them coming out swinging when people were already speculating who they'd take with the #1 pick next year before this current season already began.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On the Sixers: I seem to recall the Magic getting off to a similarly-hot start last year before initiating the tank. It's November, bad teams sometimes randomly look good early on when good teams are a.) coasting and b.) lacking sufficient tape on them.

Yeah but it's still cool to see them coming out swinging when people were already speculating who they'd take with the #1 pick next year before this current season already began.

It's also possible that Michael Carter-Williams is far, far better than anyone expected. He wasn't the dynamic talent Carmelo was at Syracuse, but he's probably most responsible for them having made the Final Four last season. He's fearless and gifted, and also still developing. Having a 13-foot wingspan helps too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived