Sign in to follow this  
graphiccontent

RAPTORS REBRAND (wishlist)

what do you guys want to see in the upcoming rebrand of the torronto raptors?

i want to attempt a new raptors logo and wordmark,but i literally have no idea about the nba or torronto...

i want to attempt a new raptors logo and wordmark,but i literally have no idea about the nba or torronto...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95184-raptors-bound-for-change-yep/

If you're going to try a concept, you might want to learn how to spell "Toronto" first...

I wanna see a Smiling Raptor.

Make it happen Drake. I know you got it in you...

Name change, more purple less black, more silver no black.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95184-raptors-bound-for-change-yep/

If you're going to try a concept, you might want to learn how to spell "Toronto" first...

It's "Tranna"- right?

Wrong thread ..should be concepts

theres no concept here, just a wishlist on upcoming rebrand

A name change.

i heard name wasnt changing, but maybe they could go with a bird instead of a dinosaur

and does anybody know why "raptors" was chosen in the first place, does it have any significance?

My wishlist is pretty small: Don't change the identity. I don't care if they get a new primary, bring back purple, bring back the logo on the front, but just don't change the identity. Don't even pull a Rays and say, "Now we're a raptor as in a bird!" No. Keep the dino, it's unique.

Sure the name was popular in '95 when the Jurassic Park came out but guess what? The new one is coming out in 2015! Dinosaurs will be cool again!

I would've like to see a name change to something the Toronto Rex. You can keep the dinosoar and it's kinda cool that abriviated, it's T-Rex, which could make for a cool logo. Also it's one of those names where at first it sounds stupid, but after 10-15 years it's just a household name like Lakers, Flyers, etc.

I would've like to see a name change to something the Toronto Rex. You can keep the dinosoar and it's kinda cool that abriviated, it's T-Rex, which could make for a cool logo. Also it's one of those names where at first it sounds stupid, but after 10-15 years it's just a household name like Lakers, Flyers, etc.

It's really not.

Why are people wanting a bird so bad? I don't get it.

Lets count how many teams are named after birds: THIRTEEN, most of which are birds of prey aka Raptors.

How many other pro teams are associated with dinosaurs? ZERO. It's unique. Any change to it is a mistake.

Grumpy-Cat-Says-No_zps2c933bf3.jpg

Yeah because Pelicans was such a great identity. Do you want some generic unflattering bird rebrand, Toronto? Hell no.

What Toronto needs is to get SILLY AS HELL. YES, stay with Raptors, bring back purple, and take chances.

Embrace the 90's mentality that shaped the original brand and forget this "Team Canada" crap.

I propose a Raptorized-version of this:

hawks-90s.jpg

...with a blown up logo and awesome nameplate akin to this:

Toronto%20Raptors%201%20Tracy%20McGrady%

RIP Pieces my thread apparently :Phttp://boards.sports...for-change-yep/

As for what I'd like to see

- Purple, Red, Black, Silver (original colours) or Graphite and Bronze / gold (Drake's OVO colours)

- More traditional collar

- Update to the Raptor claw if the colours are Graphite and Bronze / gold

Wishlist vs concepts..point taken.. brainstorm we go but I'm sure there are several other boards like this sry..

1. No name change

2. Purple, Red, Black, Silver

3. Something modern, no 90s gimmick stuff but no Nike gawdy Oregon crap either.

4. Something iconic and able to withstand the test of time