Your feedback please: Wedding Save the Date

DG_ThenNowForever

Think about maybe dropping the commas from the sign: the one on the date is floating out there in space. Other than that, the neon looks really good in the top version from your latest post. The background color really makes it pop.

I don't mind the floating comma so much, but you're probably right. I'll give it another go. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's a very nitpicky thing. The whole thing looks good.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats!

I'm ridiculously tardy weighing in on this so forgive me for not seeing it sooner.

This idea is very clever and it works well. Love the version with the Market Grill sign on it too.

My one suggestion is to make the "sign" lettering more like the actual Public Market sign. The real sign looks like single neon tubes on a colored background. The neon runs through the center of each letter. But on your invite the letters are neon outlines. That stood out to me so much that in your first post I immediately recognized what you were going for but my brain instantly registerd a "Something's off" before I even saw the pic of the actual sign and compared the letters.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Quick update:

The good news is I got Save the Dates off to the printer and they looked fantastic. The bad news is I messed up the clock -- the 10, 11 and 12 all printed as 1, 1, 1. Reprints are underway and I feel like a dope. I'll take some photos when they arrive.

Thanks again for the suggestions. As a person who is not a designer, it was still fun to put something together.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats man!

Quick question; is it a Seattle themed wedding or a wedding in Seattle?? Or a Seattle themed wedding in Seattle :P

Regardless it looks awesome!

That's amazing! You are too late for that to be actionable, but it's very cool.

I did use Market Deco from dafont, but yours looks a bit more in line with the actual sign.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This doesn't really pertain the the conversation but I went to Seattle for the first time last week and the Pike Market is incredible. Never seen anything like that. We had a limited amount of time to explore so I'm for sure coming back in the future!

Archived