NEW New York Knicks/Rangers Scoreboard

mattr1198

Will this make the move to the new venue when the Arena is demolished in the next decade?

Madison Square Garden won't be demolished in the next decade. You might be thinking of Nassau Coliseum. MSG is where the Rangers and the Knicks play, and just underwent a $800 million renovation (something like that).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Will this make the move to the new venue when the Arena is demolished in the next decade?

Madison Square Garden won't be demolished in the next decade. You might be thinking of Nassau Coliseum. MSG is where the Rangers and the Knicks play, and just underwent a $800 million renovation (something like that).

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/25/us/new-york-madison-square-garden-relocation/index.html

Now whether that will actually happen, who knows, but they have been told 10 years.

Yeah, I knew that when I posted.

Thanks for assuming I can't read.

5amlwx.jpg

Better than the old one. Never been a fan of that 8 screen look. I believe Staples Center still has it

Well kind of. The old scoreboard at Staples Center used to be a simple octagonal display of video boards:

100116155114Edit.jpg

Then in the summer of 2010, the boards underwent a makeover, to appear more "circular," just like the new one at MSG. But it still has eight video screens:

5119594508_87da5e14ce_o.jpg

Several things...

1. Madison Square Garden given 10 years is really just a misleading media half truth. MSG wanted to be able to have the land indefinitely, the board said that's too big of a commitment and agreed to ten years. Most advocates of demolishing it have twisted that to mean it's coming down in ten years one way or the other. Really, that's a long shot. There are several escape clauses written into the ten year agreement that can easily keep MSG on the lot. No one likes state of the art train stations more than I, and no one believes it was a mistake to demolish old Penn Station. But demolishing MSG only makes two wrongs. I don't see why they don't demolish the high rise attached to it and build the above ground part of Penn Station next to MSG in similar fashion to what's going around Barclays.

2. I love the idea of the catwalks and can't wait until they are put in. This scoreboard will look great from them.

3. This score board looks amazing. Excellent job by the Knicks/Rangers.

Archived