Nike Pro Bowl Uniforms Unveiled

ESTONES6

I don't mind it because I don't care. But the AFC and NFC each have a specific color, so it's a little silly to sway from that.

If the league wanted to move towards the NFC logo and the AFC logo being non-color specific—teams using it in team colors and that sort of thing—then messing with colors wouldn't matter at all.

As it turns out it still doesn't really matter at all because nobody cares. Cancel the Pro Bowl.

There is only one way to make an All Star game matter, and that is to establish league/conference pride. That doesn't exist in the NFL. It doesn't exist in the NHL. It doesn't exist in the NBA. So they all mess around with different ideas (like international and selecting teams) and it still doesn't matter.

The MLBs All Star Game is good, regardless of post-season impact, because people have pride in being fans of the National League or fans of the American League. And that is the ONLY way to make an ASG appealing.

But I digress.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind it because I don't care. But the AFC and NFC each have a specific color, so it's a little silly to sway from that.

If the league wanted to move towards the NFC logo and the AFC logo being non-color specific—teams using it in team colors and that sort of thing—then messing with colors wouldn't matter at all.

As it turns out it still doesn't really matter at all because nobody cares. Cancel the Pro Bowl.

There is only one way to make an All Star game matter, and that is to establish league/conference pride. That doesn't exist in the NFL. It doesn't exist in the NHL. It doesn't exist in the NBA. So they all mess around with different ideas (like international and selecting teams) and it still doesn't matter.

The MLBs All Star Game is good, regardless of post-season impact, because people have pride in being fans of the National League or fans of the American League. And that is the ONLY way to make an ASG appealing.

But I digress.

its not split between AFC and NFC teams anymore now it's team jerry rice and team neon deion sanders

It's just the Pro Bowl. I feel like if this is where Nike is going to go crazy, let them. It's a meaningless game that is just for fun. Let them have crazy uniforms. It'll be an interesting thing year from year to see what Nike will come up with. They have no reason to be red/blue because it's not NFC vs AFC anymore.

But its still an NFL game not the Nike Bowl. Red and blue should still be the dominant colors

Why? When I watch the Packers play the Browns I don't see red/blue anywhere. Because it's an NFL game doesn't mean it has to be red vs blue. This pro bowl is not AFC vs NFC, therefore the colors don't HAVE to be red and blue. Like I said if Nike wants to go crazy for the pro bowl, let them. It's a fun little game that means nothing. Adidas does it for NBA. And you can say "well theres blue vs red" but they still are West vs East. And adidas slaps those damn three stripes all over those uniforms. So if Volt and Orange are "nike styles" then those three stripes are by far "adidas styles."

Let em go crazy for this game. Adds a little to it for the young pups and every year now people will wonder what nike will do next with these.

red and blue are the most appropriate colors because the game represents the NFL. it's the NFLs best against each other. but okay, i see the appeal of deviating from that. go crazy Nike and give us your best! . . . and they came back with stock material. standard uniform all around, with colors they've used on college teams. i want to say it's lazy, but it could be due to time restraints too. this looks like a 2 day project.

not only that, but the colors used do not represent the NFL in any way. it represents Nike. this is all about them. they have their heads so far up their own ass, they don't even care about how the helmets will look with volt and florecent orange or representing the NFL at all during the game. still, the NFL agreed to it. yea it's a meaningless game, so let's have Nike throw a hail mary (or a Tunnel screen) and see what happens.

if i had my way, it would be neutral colors (silver, gold, white, black, grey, whatever) with hints of red and blue

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

But I digress.

its not split between AFC and NFC teams anymore now it's team jerry rice and team neon deion sanders

Ya know, I knew that and alluded to that in my rant, but didn't think how that undermined my reasoning about the actual uniform change.

In that case, the new crazy colors are just fine because they don't represent anything with an identity. They're just trying to be fun and catch attention. And that's ok.

But I still don't care.

One thing I do like about the uniforms is the grey scaled team logos on the sleeves. Those are cool.

It'd be cooler if they gave the players grey scaled helmets of their team helmet, too.

But, oh yeah, that's a safety concern because players are safer playing in helmets that have been dinged up over a 20+ game season.

Not surprised as this is more or less what I expected Nike to produce, especially with the use of Volt. While they do not represent the traditional red and blue AFC/NFC, I'd rather see this level of experimentation in the Pro Bowl versus actual team unis.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

If Nike's going to just start throwing out :censored: for designs, they should have a design contest that fits within the Pro Combat uniform (i.e. a design has to conform to the cut) and let people vote on the uniform design.

I doubt that it takes them months on end to make the uniforms, so why not add that into the game if they're going to make it a mess.

Hell, add a prize for the person who wins.

I know most of the legitimate designers on here are going to hate that idea, but tough. This crap sucks, and I'd much rather see someone's (hopefully) inspired design on the field.

Nike has officially unveiled the new uniforms for the Pro Bowl... The Red, white and blue are gone in favor of gray, lime green and highlighter orange.

d1008pb.jpg

3 things:

1. These are beautiful

2. These will probably sell more jerseys than the typical ugly Pro Bowl jerseys

3. The Pro Bowl is the perfect place for Nike to experiment and recieve fans/players feedback

again, nike is just trying to subliminally sell their running shoes

Reebok, Adidas, UA, etc also have shoes in the same colors. Bright colors are the current fashion trend in sportswear. Nike "Volt", "Electricity", Reebok "Sonic Green", and Under Armour "Neon Pulse" are all basically the same thing. Unless Nike wants to drive up sales of it's competitors the argument doesn't make sense. The colors they used are "cool" right now. It's just the way it is. The colors will sell jerseys not shoes.

That said, the actual design of the uniforms isn't that crazy. It's just the colors.

Agreed. And I don't really have a problem with the colors themselves, just the usage of them. They could've done better. I would've liked to see them focus on designing something that would blend better with the wide range of helmets that will be used.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived