99 designs fan submitted Redskins redesign

LAWeaver

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

For some reason, I like Renegades better than Warriors. The logos on that site aren't anywhere near NFL-level. One guy submitted his Griffins design with the same wordmark font as the Patriots' new mark.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Are people actually serious about the name 'Griffins'? They want to rename the team after a quarterback who hasn't even played 2 seasons for them?

Well, it does have a slightly better ring to it than the Washington Doug Williamses.

All Hail the Renegades? All Hail to the Warriors? All Hail to the Griffins?

Thanks, but not thanks as I will continue to refer to them as Hail to the Redskins!

Oh, and there was not one design in that mess that was NFL quality, more like AHL quality.

spacer.png

Interesting ideas but they don't need a complete rebrand. They just badly need a name change.

All of their existing logos, colors, etc still work if you were to call them the 'Warriors" or something in that vain. It would pay tribute to Native Americans after decades of slurring them. Not to mention it's much more easily digestible for the fanbase as you're not completely changing the identity of a storied franchise.

Mcrosby's is one of the nicest ones up there. Always nice to see that.

Figured I'd throw it into the mix, since it's not being used anywhere else. Won't be editing it to any of their names though.

Also, thanks!

Apparently you're not the only one who likes that design. (So do I.)

http://deadspin.com/photoshop-contest-lets-rebrand-the-washington-redskin-1442937159

All Hail the Renegades? All Hail to the Warriors? All Hail to the Griffins?

Thanks, but not thanks as I will continue to refer to them as Hail to the Redskins!

Oh, and there was not one design in that mess that was NFL quality, more like AHL quality.

no...no thoughts LOL... they all suck

now that ive actually looked....generic pieces of junk

Wait a community submission didn't produce the same type of quality as a professionally done NFL rebrand? I'm shocked.

I think there are some interesting designs up there. Obviously a lot won't work, but if you grabbed a "best of" and limited it to 5 or 10 you might have some things to discuss. It just ticks me off that some people kept submitting their designs over and over with tiny tweaks or different usages. Clogged the thing up.

Archived