99 designs fan submitted Redskins redesign

LAWeaver

die in a f********g fire 99designs

That is an interesting reaction. Could we have details and context?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

After losing 5 minutes of my life by sifting through 40-50 terrible logo concepts, it did dawn on me that if they do change the name then it definitely needs to be 'Warriors'. I like the Renegades name as well but it sounds too Arena League to me; Griffins is absurd. I thought the whole Warriors moniker would be too obvious and played out, but the more I think about the potential of simultaneously honoring American soldiers and putting forth a nickname that would symbolize the fierce and brutal nature of football it seems to be the perfect choice. I also like the logo possibilities that would result from that name. There was actually a great concept in that link that utilized a stylized 'W' with a star beneath it reminiscent of a medal of honor. I think something subtle like that could work.

Interesting that soldiers and warriors seem to be okay as themes but Redskins is offensive.

Well, I'm pretty sure that the terms "soldiers" and "warriors" aren't racial slurs.

They had a big stink over "Warriors" at Marquette and changed it, so somebody, somewhere doesn't like it.

UFOs wouldn't be too bad... something to consider for sure.

Excuse me

Yeah man, look at it. Plus, it looks like one of those countless Government acronyms... United Federal Office of Supplies, something like that

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/community-contest-rebrand-washington-redskins-253079/entries/1833

90758391980.gif

Excuse me

Yeah man, look at it. Plus, it looks like one of those countless Government acronyms... United Federal Office of Supplies, something like that

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/community-contest-rebrand-washington-redskins-253079/entries/1833

not Unidentified Flying Object?

Excuse me

not Unidentified Flying Object?

Yeah that's what UFO stands for... But I'm just saying look at the logo the dude made. It looks like UFOS. Like that in itself could be an acronym. (Don't worry, I know he's just plurualizing UFO! I'm just saying what is looks like to me!)

90758391980.gif

Archived