Sign in to follow this  
mr.nascar13

99 designs fan submitted Redskins redesign

die in a f********g fire 99designs

That is an interesting reaction. Could we have details and context?

You're not alone in this sentiment. Seeing as this contest isn't for a logo that will actually be used, isn't put on by the team, etc I decided to enter (and because I had the logo already made). And hey, I'm hoping it ends well for me and I can pay some bills.

Behold... the Washington Warriors or Americans

RedskinsMiniHelmet.jpg

Does the face still anger people? Here we go Chiefs style.....Behold the Washington Warriors

washington-redskins-authentic-pro-line-t

No? Are we going to hold the Redskins to a higher standard than the Chiefs frowning on the spear?.....Behold the Washington Renegades

washington-redskins-1970-71-riddell-mini

Why change the team name? Just change the logo to a potato!

Problem solved!

After losing 5 minutes of my life by sifting through 40-50 terrible logo concepts, it did dawn on me that if they do change the name then it definitely needs to be 'Warriors'. I like the Renegades name as well but it sounds too Arena League to me; Griffins is absurd. I thought the whole Warriors moniker would be too obvious and played out, but the more I think about the potential of simultaneously honoring American soldiers and putting forth a nickname that would symbolize the fierce and brutal nature of football it seems to be the perfect choice. I also like the logo possibilities that would result from that name. There was actually a great concept in that link that utilized a stylized 'W' with a star beneath it reminiscent of a medal of honor. I think something subtle like that could work.

I'd like to see the team change the name while retaining their colors and some resemblance of their past.

Interesting that soldiers and warriors seem to be okay as themes but Redskins is offensive.

Well, I'm pretty sure that the terms "soldiers" and "warriors" aren't racial slurs.

They had a big stink over "Warriors" at Marquette and changed it, so somebody, somewhere doesn't like it.

UFOs wouldn't be too bad... something to consider for sure.

Excuse me

Excuse me

Yeah man, look at it. Plus, it looks like one of those countless Government acronyms... United Federal Office of Supplies, something like that

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/community-contest-rebrand-washington-redskins-253079/entries/1833

Excuse me

Yeah man, look at it. Plus, it looks like one of those countless Government acronyms... United Federal Office of Supplies, something like that

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/community-contest-rebrand-washington-redskins-253079/entries/1833

not Unidentified Flying Object?

Yeah that's what UFO stands for... But I'm just saying look at the logo the dude made. It looks like UFOS. Like that in itself could be an acronym. (Don't worry, I know he's just plurualizing UFO! I'm just saying what is looks like to me!)

That is an interesting reaction. Could we have details and context?

Spec work, yeah?