UEFA Teams with NFL Helmets

MiK

So I'm obsessed with davidson's 3D helmet template and need a place to put my concepts (playing with photoshop results) for UEFA helmets.

Starting with Oranje:

ned_football_helmet.png

Straightforward. This was the first one I did, probably will revisit it at some other time.

Followed by rival die Mannschaft:

ger_football_helmet2.png

What do ya think?

spacer.png

Something about the Dutch logo seems off (sorry I can't be of more help than that), but the German helmet looks great!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I'd like an all orange helmet with a black logo.

^ This.

Also, the yellow part of the German helmet that's going over to the right side of the facemask shouldn't be there. That's the inside of the other side of the helmet (Note the ear hole).

spacer.png

Appreciate the interest, hopefully I can be creative enough not to bore with these. They're fun to make, but my skill is somewhat limited, so bear with me a little.

As far as the dutch go, I tried the orange helmet with a black logo first and it really did not look as good as the white/orange I posted earlier. That being said, i would like to tinker with that one some more at a later date. I did, however, revisit the german helmet after jbslinky77 pointed out my mistake on there (thank you), and decided to change it up. New version is a little more reserved than the previous, but I like them both.

ger_football_helmet.png

Much more traditional white helmet with black facemask to match their usual home kit colors. Decided to ditch the full logo for just the hawk, and incorporated the flag colors into the logo itself instead of the much more flamboyant colors on the bottom of the helmet. Also added a solid black center stripe. I like them both, so I'm a bit torn but this one might be more "realistic" I guess.

I also tried to tackle the Azzurri. And tricky this one was. As with the german helmets, I wanted to ignore the stars for world cups, because obviously, in this fictitious American Football World league, there would be none. In removing those stars for Italy, it really REALLY dulled their crest, which just becomes their flag with "Italia" above it. So I went a different route and used the Italian Coat of Arms.

ita_helmet.png

Kept the gold color from "Italia" in their usual crest, for the facemask. Seems to make the blue really pop. Also used the flag colors for the center stripe. Not entirely sold on this one. I contemplated using the ferrari horse and develop some sort of identity there, but then didn't feel right with using a corporate sponsor for a national team identity. I dunno, maybe I'm way over thinking this whole thing but hey, it keeps me entertained.

Tell me what ya think!

spacer.png

Archived