2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Buck's retro jacket a custom piece or a 2014 change? I'm thinking the former.Bgcsd7CIMAAsP2D.jpg

I think Buck wears a lot of custom stuff in ST and regular season.

A better look at the new Pittsburgh Pirates BP jersey:

1781021_10152201690357931_2027023366_o.j

Someone did a poor job with the placing of certain letters like the "A", as it droops down far below where it should be.

Ew... :unsure:

I'd have to think the "gold" piping under the arms is supposed to match the alternate BP cap (the one with the Pirate)? Any jersey that has "PIRATES" on it is better than one that just has a "P". Save the "P" for the hats.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Does anyone know why the A's ditched that road cap with the white script? It was for one season in 1993 I think

The players didn't like having no gold on the hat and started coloring it in themselves.

Do we have any proof of this?

Does anyone know why the A's ditched that road cap with the white script? It was for one season in 1993 I think

The players didn't like having no gold on the hat and started coloring it in themselves.

How the hell did they do that ?

Why do some :censored:s here try to trick me into arguments ?

This is some weird :censored:, so i like english, then some fool belive i have a prob. with city names.

Christ man !

It's typical man. Any time I bring it up I'm called a bigot and a racist.

Yep, I'm pro-English only in the US which obviously means I hate anyone who isn't white. Flawless logic.

I'm glad to see someone on the same page.

If English was the official language of the nation, I'd agree with you. But we have a long history of multiple languages being spoken in the US, as immigrant communities hold on to their original languages for several generations before becoming fully English-speaking. We have this mistaken impression that immigrants have always checked their native languages at Ellis Island and spoke English from then on, but that just wasn't so.

In the early 20th century, my home town of Milwaukee had more German speakers than English speakers (German-language newspapers outsold their English competitors 2 to 1), and the Union somehow survived.

This is some weird :censored:, so i like english, then some fool belive i have a prob. with city names.

Christ man !

Yep, I'm pro-English only in the US...

This would be a reasonable argument if English was the official language of the United States. It's not though so...

Japanese isn't the official language of Japan either. But it is the de facto official language, just like English in the US.

Also in many states English is the official language, as it should be in the whole country, but that shouldn't matter.

Funny how so many countries strive to teach and learn English, and in most global events English is one of the languages, yet here in the US it's offensive to make it official and implore people to learn it if they leave here. But no, pandering to those who don't speak English is better.

2ly2w09.jpg

Can't speak for anybody else, but I wasn't saying that.

I was saying that in the absence of an official language, and given the past history of immigrant assimilation in America, I find the current national concern over "English Only" to be both misplaced and a little silly. Especially when we apply it to sports teams.

I don't like these special jerseys because I think sports uniforms work best when they are the most simple and consistent. Home uniform, road uniform, stay true to that (Yankees got if right here). But I don't see how a Spanish-language Brewers jersey, say, is any more objectionable than either of their regular blue alternate jerseys.

Exactly. It transitioned from "Anaheim" to "Angels" in, what, 2005?

They desperately need an "LA" cap, even if only BP to start.

I still look at it and think "Anaheim".

Which is fine, but that A dates back well beyond the point that Anaheim became part of the team name. A variation was used by the California Angels, so that A has always represented the nickname to me.

Do we have any proof of this?
Well it is right around the time of the blackout trend, when people colored in (for example) White Sox caps with black Sharpies. That inevitably led to the seemingly pointless color on color caps.

I never heard about the A's doing this back then, but it seems plausible.

Exactly. It transitioned from "Anaheim" to "Angels" in, what, 2005?

They desperately need an "LA" cap, even if only BP to start.

I still look at it and think "Anaheim".

Which is fine, but that A dates back well beyond the point that Anaheim became part of the team name. A variation was used by the California Angels, so that A has always represented the nickname to me.

True - didn't think about the multiple versions of the A-with-halo used in the 70s and 80s.

Christ man !

Yep, I'm pro-English only in the US which obviously means I hate anyone who isn't white. Flawless logic.

I'm glad to see someone on the same page.

If English was the official language of the nation, I'd agree with you. But we have a long history of multiple languages being spoken in the US, as immigrant communities hold on to their original languages for several generations before becoming fully English-speaking. We have this mistaken impression that immigrants have always checked their native languages at Ellis Island and spoke English from then on, but that just wasn't so.

In the early 20th century, my home town of Milwaukee had more German speakers than English speakers (German-language newspapers outsold their English competitors 2 to 1), and the Union somehow survived.

Christ man !

Yep, I'm pro-English only in the US...

This would be a reasonable argument if English was the official language of the United States. It's not though so...

Japanese isn't the official language of Japan either. But it is the de facto official language, just like English in the US.

Also in many states English is the official language, as it should be in the whole country, but that shouldn't matter.

Funny how so many countries strive to teach and learn English, and in most global events English is one of the languages, yet here in the US it's offensive to make it official and implore people to learn it if they leave here. But no, pandering to those who don't speak English is better.

Jesus, what are you so afraid of?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was saying that in the absence of an official language, and given the past history of immigrant assimilation in America, I find the current national concern over "English Only" to be both misplaced and a little silly. Especially when we apply it to sports teams.

I don't like these special jerseys because I think sports uniforms work best when they are the most simple and consistent. Home uniform, road uniform, stay true to that (Yankees got if right here). But I don't see how a Spanish-language Brewers jersey, say, is any more objectionable than either of their regular blue alternate jerseys.

What really bugs me is that the Spanish-language jerseys are about 100x more bemoaned around here than the Brewers Italian or German jerseys. That's about all I need to know.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What really bugs me is that the Spanish-language jerseys are about 100x more bemoaned around here than the Brewers Italian or German jerseys. That's about all I need to know.

Well obviously it's only because people hate tildes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I still don't understand why people would want a jersey that isn't the real jersey just because it's in their own language. I'm a huge Internazionale soccer fan and would never want a version of their jersey that had "International" on it.

Maybe it's just me since I also hate when cities and countries names aren't pronounced like the people that live in those cities and countries pronounce them (Milan instead of Milano, Rome instead of Roma, etc.). I mean, people that don't speak English don't change my name when referring to me, why should we change the name of a city or country?

True, English isn't the only language spoken here, but it is the language in which the government makes documents. The USA is a major power (if not the most powerful) in the UN. The UK is too. And with so many countries being former British colonies, there is a abundance of English in countries that you wouldn't think of. If the UN was to pick an official language, it would be English. I'm not being racist. I'm just looking at the fact that English is just so :censored: widespread.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

True, English isn't the only language spoken here, but it is the language in which the government makes documents. The USA is a major power (if not the most powerful) in the UN. The UK is too. And with so many countries being former British colonies, there is a abundance of English in countries that you wouldn't think of. If the UN was to pick an official language, it would be English. I'm not being racist. I'm just looking at the fact that English is just so :censored: widespread.

Not sure how that's particularly relevant.

Not sure how that's particularly relevant

I was responding to the comment about English being taught globally

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

Archived