2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right guys, if you don't share the same exact opinion on the veterans on this board you will cause a firestorm.

Anyway, I've always liked the Orioles uniform. how often do the Orioles still wear those black uniforms anyway?

It is worn every Friday with the O's cap.

I seriously dislike the O's cap. I'd love to see them wear the black alternate with the road cap but then others would probably complain that they look too much like the Giants.

Well the Giants don't wear a black alternate, and the O's cap is essentially the same hat as the black road cap.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nats gave this shirt away on the 5th....will we ever get to see this logo used on a jersey? Even if it's an alternate or a BP, I'd love to see it. Such a great script.

Washington-Nationals_tshirt-4-05-14.png

That would be far superior to the W on the chest.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Although the Nationals script is fine, I personally like the "W" logo on the chest. They are trying to establish a classic identity to resemble the Tigers and Yankees, and I think it's fitting for a team playing in the nation's capital. Regardless of what they do it's a huge step up from the beveled garbage, IMO.

I wouldn't mind them using the cap logo on the chest, just not that logo.

The Tigers' and Yankees' jerseys work because the logos are rectangular and more or less symmetrical. The italic "W" looks goofy on a jersey.

Remember this prototype? So much better than what they ended up using.

NationalsPrototypeFront.jpg

I love that script.

Although the Nationals script is fine, I personally like the "W" logo on the chest. They are trying to establish a classic identity to resemble the Tigers and Yankees, and I think it's fitting for a team playing in the nation's capital. Regardless of what they do it's a huge step up from the beveled garbage, IMO.

They should have found a way to keep the gold from the beveled sets though. The red, navy, and gold was a better combo than your standard red and navy.

@Gothamite I remember reading that the the curly W was originally just a concept that the Nationals weren't going to use (instead it was going to be a beveled block W in a similar style to the wordmarks), but at the last second Selig stepped in and made them change.

4884328132_36faa1f082_o.jpg

The angle of the curly W doesn't bother me, but I see where you're coming from with the balance issue.

@WSU151 I agree that a little bit of gold works for them.

As an aside, if the Nationals were to go with the nickname script on the home jersey, they'd have to fix some consistency issues between that logo and the "Washington" mark, especially in the "o" and the "s".

The White Sox are wearing their 1983 alts for the first time this season...I see that the hat has the period-correct "SOX" logo, as opposed to the "batter" logo they announced over the winter. Was this change of heart previously known?

940x.jpgBhbEsu1CYAEkpGY.jpg

The White Sox are wearing their 1983 alts for the first time this season...I see that the hat has the period-correct "SOX" logo, as opposed to the "batter" logo they announced over the winter. Was this change of heart previously known?

Surprised me too. Maybe they just realized that they wanted these throwbacks to be accurate?

Go A's!

The batter logo is for the BP caps, not the normal game caps. Though I think they announced they'll use the BP caps for a couple games this year.

@Gothamite I remember reading that the the curly W was originally just a concept that the Nationals weren't going to use (instead it was going to be a beveled block W in a similar style to the wordmarks), but at the last second Selig stepped in and made them change.

4884328132_36faa1f082_o.jpg

The angle of the curly W doesn't bother me, but I see where you're coming from with the balance issue.

@WSU151 I agree that a little bit of gold works for them.

As an aside, if the Nationals were to go with the nickname script on the home jersey, they'd have to fix some consistency issues between that logo and the "Washington" mark, especially in the "o" and the "s".

The W on that hat is an odd choice, as the W on the inaugural gray roads was a completely different shape/font. The W on that hat looks Copperplate-ish.

My understanding of the Curly W was that it was the preferred logo of the DC city fathers, particularly Mayor Williams (they wore Cooperstown Collection caps to the relocation press conference). If Bud Selig insisted upon it, it was probably an attempt to placate them while MLB got the stadium bill passed.

The batter logo is for the BP caps, not the normal game caps. Though I think they announced they'll use the BP caps for a couple games this year.

Not according to all the reports I read, such as this...

http://southsideshowdown.com/2014/02/26/white-sox-keep-winning-ugly-look-2014-alternates/

...Speaking of hats, the lid for the alternates will not be in the 1983 style as they wore last season. Instead the wordless batter logo will adorn the caps. If my slavery to hat style is an indication of anybody else’s behavior, the Sox will see a few extra bucks as result of this move....

Not according to all the reports I read, such as this...

http://southsideshowdown.com/2014/02/26/white-sox-keep-winning-ugly-look-2014-alternates/

...Speaking of hats, the lid for the alternates will not be in the 1983 style as they wore last season. Instead the wordless batter logo will adorn the caps. If my slavery to hat style is an indication of anybody else’s behavior, the Sox will see a few extra bucks as result of this move....

BhbEsu1CYAEkpGY.jpg

I was wrong! :)

Archived