2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

brewers wearing retros for third straight game

Winning streak. They won again in them today.

Makes me hope they end the season 160-2. :P

The Cardinals would still find a way to beat them in 6 games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally don't like the BiG logo as much as the current set. It just doesn't say "Brewers" to me, heck it doesn't even say "Milwaukee" to me. It's just an M and a B made to look like a glove. It's like Milton Bradley made a baseball board game.

Does every team in every city have to encapsulate the nickname and location within a logo? It's fun when they do, but it's hardly a rule. Why can't they just be a sports team?

I've never been a huge fan of the BiG, but I have to say that it fits the city. Milwaukee's never been a city that took itself terribly seriously (insert your own joke here), so a certain amount of whimsy in the logo seems to work fine with me.

I'll buy that. I'm just saying it wouldn't be necessary to have a grain of barley for beer, and cream-colored uniforms to represent the Cream City, and dark green to represent steel that's been painted dark green like at Miller Park, and on and on. Like you said, it doesn't make sense to go super-conceptual.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I personally don't like the BiG logo as much as the current set. It just doesn't say "Brewers" to me, heck it doesn't even say "Milwaukee" to me. It's just an M and a B made to look like a glove. It's like Milton Bradley made a baseball board game.

Does every team in every city have to encapsulate the nickname and location within a logo? It's fun when they do, but it's hardly a rule. Why can't they just be a sports team?
I've never been a huge fan of the BiG, but I have to say that it fits the city. Milwaukee's never been a city that took itself terribly seriously (insert your own joke here), so a certain amount of whimsy in the logo seems to work fine with me.
I'll buy that. I'm just saying it wouldn't be necessary to have a grain of barley for beer, and cream-colored uniforms to represent the Cream City, and dark green to represent steel that's been painted dark green like at Miller Park, and on and on. Like you said, it doesn't make sense to go super-conceptual.
I wasn't meaning that deep into Milwaukee or Brewers or whatever. I just think it should have something to do with the team and I feel the BiG is too generic looking because it's just a piece of equipment.

Teams like the Yankees, the Nationals, the A's, etc, their logos are all just letters, but that's their logo. It's a much as they can do with the team name. I feel the Brewers can do so much more.

IbjBaeE.png

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I don't feel like looking through 100+ pages. The Angels have (finally) switched to red cleats.

And switched from black belts to red belts as well.

Or was this recent? I don't recall seeing them wearing red cleats and red belts on the road in Seattle earlier this year.

Must be recent

Last week

940x.jpg

Unless they are only going to red at home?

Maybe it just took a while to get red belts delivered so they wore black to start the season?

Just taking a stab, dont kill me

I hope pujols stops wearing black undershirts

I know he didnt do it all the time, but i hate the black with the angels home whites

Maybe he hasnt worn black at all this year, havent paid attention

Pujols has always worn a black undershirt. I remember he did it back in St. Louis, too. I heard he had a good reason for doing it but for the life of me I can't remember why and can't find a quote anywhere. I wanna say it's for a close family member who passed away, but don't quote me on that. I don't see him changing it anytime soon, anyway.

Supposedly the red shoes and belt are for the red alternates only.

The black belt and shoes are still in the rotation for the regular sets.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It's not MLB related, but this is one of the issues I have with Nike. We know what they've been doing lately - sublimated back panels on basketball jerseys with patterns, the sail-affect on the Vikings' jerseys. They refuse in almost all cases to come up with traditional elements like striping patterns on football jersey sleeves, to use collar stripes on basketball jerseys and to use accent colors as number outlines. However, they fellate themselves about "inspiration" and how they researched "historical elements", and then cram random crap like that into the jerseys in lieu of other design. How about instead of messing up the Vikings' jersey making small elements to pay homage to random, miniscule things, you just design a freaking jersey which looks good? The Vikings can look good without random psuedo-viking related crap throw into their jerseys. Teams can have good uniforms without beating you over the head with elements related to their city or team name (CC: Bengals). I'd much rather the Brewers have good uniforms in a good, unique color pattern than they be more Milwaukee-ee.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Angels are only wearing the red belts and cleats with the red alternate jersey at Home. The normal black belts & cleats are still worn with it on the Road.

The Angels used to have a very solid set, but with the team name on the roads, the red-on-red alternate, the patch overkill, and now this, they have fallen from grace.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Apologies if this has already been asked/debated: With the "tequila sunrise" look clearly becoming a popular template for college and high school teams in the last couple years -- especially this season -- what are the prospects of the design returning to MLB? It might well be a fad or just the latest push from companies that will fade like other uniform design templates tend to do. However, does what seems to be the acceptance of the look in lower levels of baseball "warm up" the pros to bring back the look?

And, of course, by "pros/MLB", I really mean the Astros. I cannot fathom how another MLB team would wear an alternate tequila sunrise jersey when the look is so associated on the Major League level with the Astros. Then again, might some team like the Rays decide to go for such an alternate to make a splash? Back to the Astros, do they look at both the return of the design in college/high school, combined with the White Sox bringing back the pullover "beach blanket" as a full-time alternate (which is is squarely in the same design "family" as the tequila sunrise), and break out a modified tequila sunrise alternate for 2015 or 2016?

I'm a fan of the look, but I'm more curious what everyone else thinks about the high-profile future for a jersey design that, until a few years ago, seemed to be consigned to history.

Don't EVER put it past the Rays to put out a fauxback tequila sunrise. Their fauxback is basically the 70's padres with the cutout caps, contrasting sleeves, and lowercase typeface. That team is so desperate for a "history" as they have thrownback (I believe) the past 5 or 6 seasons whether it's fauxbacks of '12 and '13 or Tarpons or Smokers or Devil Rays or whatever patrolled the area. Added to the authenticity is also throwback crowds of about 15000 people just like the minor league stadiums of that era...(this is coming from someone who supports the Rays as their #2 so I'm not a Rays hater.)

KISSwall09.jpg

Someone on Uni-watch had an interesting theory that since the unis aren't the official team colors, they must use "throwback" elements and can't do any redesigns...

Brewers did this last year, so the White Sox just don't want to wear the other hat right now.

i9YXIXK.jpg

Wouldn't that also be "throwback elements?"

I don't know if I buy into that theory, since the alternate hat the White Sox introduced is clearly the BP hat, and not a new design element. It's probably just a case of them just not wearing it yet. Teams mix in the BP hats now, so I'm sure we'll see the Batterman hat at some point.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Right. So the uniform is now all about him, not the team.

That's not what I what I said. It's just a black t-shirt and he still wears red sleeves. What's the problem? I would be willing to bet there's not any resentment in the Angels' locker room because Pujols likes his black t-shirt.

That's not what I what I said. It's just a black t-shirt and he still wears red sleeves. What's the problem? I would be willing to bet there's not any resentment in the Angels' locker room because Pujols likes his black t-shirt.

youmustbenewhere.jpg

Don't EVER put it past the Rays to put out a fauxback tequila sunrise. Their fauxback is basically the 70's padres with the cutout caps, contrasting sleeves, and lowercase typeface. That team is so desperate for a "history" as they have thrownback (I believe) the past 5 or 6 seasons whether it's fauxbacks of '12 and '13 or Tarpons or Smokers or Devil Rays or whatever patrolled the area. Added to the authenticity is also throwback crowds of about 15000 people just like the minor league stadiums of that era...(this is coming from someone who supports the Rays as their #2 so I'm not a Rays hater.)

Shortly I will upload a pic of every jersey the Rays have worn. :)

Archived