2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Promo of the year so far. At today's Pirates game, fans 14 and under received this great Pirates replica pullover jersey! A great way to "Grow the Game"! Not sure about the Chevy patch but someone has to sponsor it. Baseball does nothing to appeal to kids but this is a start.

BmzcSaYCQAAbCkb.jpg

Promo of the year so far. At today's Pirates game, fans 14 and under received this great Pirates replica pullover jersey! A great way to "Grow the Game"! Not sure about the Chevy patch but someone has to sponsor it. Baseball does nothing to appeal to kids but this is a start.

BmzcSaYCQAAbCkb.jpg

This Dave Parker jersey would fall into the category of great players not associated with a particular look. Younger fans who missed seeing "The Cobra", and have only the 1979 postseason and all star game as reference points, would naturally connect Parker with the multicolored Pirate jerseys of the era. He actually wore this uniform as a young player from 1973-1976, amassing roughly 1400 at bats, and appeared in this set in spring training prior to 1973. Before reaching the majors for good, Parker trained in Bradenton wearing that uniform, but with one of those high numbers given out to young players. While Parker practiced with the legendary Roberto Clemente, it's unknown whether he actually played in a spring training game with # 21.

BmzcSaYCQAAbCkb.jpg

BmzcSaYCQAAbCkb.jpg

This Dave Parker jersey would fall into the category of great players not associated with a particular look. Younger fans who missed seeing "The Cobra", and have only the 1979 postseason and all star game as reference points, would naturally connect Parker with the multicolored Pirate jerseys of the era. He actually wore this uniform as a young player from 1973-1976, amassing roughly 1400 at bats, and appeared in this set in spring training prior to 1973. Before reaching the majors for good, Parker trained in Bradenton wearing that uniform, but with one of those high numbers given out to young players. While Parker practiced with the legendary Roberto Clemente, it's unknown whether he actually played in a spring training game with # 21.

Forgot to add while reliever Jason Grilli is wearing this number today, far more fans associated this number with Parker, who reconciled with the organization several years ago. Parker's off field substance abuse problem cost him the HOF, or else this number would have been retired.

BmzcSaYCQAAbCkb.jpg

BmzcSaYCQAAbCkb.jpg

Forgot to add while reliever Jason Grilli is wearing this number today, far more fans associated this number with Parker, who reconciled with the organization several years ago. Parker's off field substance abuse problem cost him the HOF, or else this number would have been retired.

thats a Grilli shirt, you can see it through the shirt

Found a pic from March 1992.

dolqDHD.jpg

Also, a Birmingham Black Barons Negro League hat in that pic too.

So that's what Edward James Olmos does when he's not making movies...

Holy crap, it really does look like Edward James Olmos.

So say we all!

bSLCtu2.png

Found a pic from March 1992.

dolqDHD.jpg

Also, a Birmingham Black Barons Negro League hat in that pic too.

So that's what Edward James Olmos does when he's not making movies...

Holy crap, it really does look like Edward James Olmos.

So say we all!

SO SAY WE ALL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No pictures yet but cubs (of course) and cardinals are supposed to wear 1929 throwbacks tomorrow. Will be the first time in quite a while the cardinals wear pinstripes if they get the throwbacks correct.

Are the Cardinals' throwbacks confirmed? And have we heard from the team about the rest of their opponents?
Yes they are. The hats are for sale on the team website but still no jersey pictures. Appears they are not going pinstripes however based off the hats.
Here's the uniforms the Cardinals are wearing tonight. The sleeves don't appear to be 3/4 length either.

C76C6332-4B22-44B6-AFFC-3B06EAA6B256.jpg

Atlanta is wearing these beautiful throwbacks tonight.

Screen-shot-2014-05-03-at-12.19.19-.png

I noticed both the Braves and Giants had on caps without the MLB logo on back and they looked like an Ebbets Field Flannels fit. Anyone have an idea who made the throwback caps for last night?

Also, didn't see the Mariners throwback cap anywhere, sorry if this has already been posted.

I'm having a heck of a time posting pictures on here, so here is the link to my tweet:

https://twitter.com/Bmac_Design/status/460797303411195904/photo/1/large

This confirms throwback caps for the Diamondbacks, Phillies, and Orioles.

Also, any word on what year the Orioles cap is supposed to represent? It looks like 1989, which would make sense since this is the 25th anniversary of the "Why Not?" season.

For the record, 1989 is still one of my favorite Orioles seasons even though they didn't even win the AL East. The whole season just completely defied expectations, which made it ridiculously fun . . . just like 2012.

And it appears they correctly made the Diamondbacks cap cream, rather than regular white. Nice catch if that's the case.

img_3547_1.jpg

To hearken on this cap, it would be sweet if the D-Backs could give a nod to it by wearing this.

img_0186_5.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Also, didn't see the Mariners throwback cap anywhere, sorry if this has already been posted.

I'm having a heck of a time posting pictures on here, so here is the link to my tweet:

https://twitter.com/Bmac_Design/status/460797303411195904/photo/1/large

This confirms throwback caps for the Diamondbacks, Phillies, and Orioles.

Also, any word on what year the Orioles cap is supposed to represent? It looks like 1989, which would make sense since this is the 25th anniversary of the "Why Not?" season.

For the record, 1989 is still one of my favorite Orioles seasons even though they didn't even win the AL East. The whole season just completely defied expectations, which made it ridiculously fun . . . just like 2012.

And it appears they correctly made the Diamondbacks cap cream, rather than regular white. Nice catch if that's the case.

img_3547_1.jpg

To hearken on this cap, it would be sweet if the D-Backs could give a nod to it by wearing this.

img_0186_5.jpg

Now that the Astros have ditched the brick and black, I say go for it. I'm starting to like the Sedona Red and black for the D-backs more and more.

If the Brewers can wear a completely different logo on their throwbacks, I don't know why the Braves couldn't do the same. Going to a throwback logo that's based on an element of your identity or a former look works a lot better than just throwing something completely out of left field like the horrendously boring Indians block C.

Oh, the irony.

Did the "Indians" ever wear that? I don't think the team was the "Cleveland Indians" in 1902. I can't see how it would make sense for the current Indians to use a C from over 100 years ago when they were known as the Cleveland Bluebirds/Cleveland Bronchos, and during those years, really weren't that successful.

The Indians can come up with something better than that.

They were the Spiders then. I'm not a big fan of the block C regardless.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I agree with what another poster said - if I had to bet, I'd bet on maroon-white-maroon.

They definitely would not have used any light blue, because a.) they weren't using that color at all by that time, and b.) it was never officially one of their colors, and didn't start showing up on merchandise until the relatively recent "retro craze" started.

Those caps were so rare. I'm not even sure if the team wore them in spring training, or if they just wore the '91 version without the logo. Finding a picture of the back of someone's head from spring training that year might be the only way to ever know, because there's zero chance of ever finding one of those caps for sale.

Rare, but I managed to snag one from Wayne Sporting Goods in 1992. I'd still wear it if my wife wasn't so put off by its filth. Anyway, I read this and then took a couple of pics. Check this out.

13909534460_dd900b8bcb_b.jpg

14073037566_fc14cf7ec9_b.jpg

God heat hat is so friggin filthy- the sweatband would cause breakouts just from trying it on!

You can clean the cap, a product called totally awesome and a dishwasher but I think this cap deserves to be mercy burned!

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

488192909.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=X7WJL

The Angels decided to wear red belts and cleats with their regular whites for the first time on Sunday. I think it looks really good and hope they stick to the all red at home. They started wearing the red belts/cleats combo with their red alts a couple weeks back, but this was the first time they did it with the whites.

I agree with what another poster said - if I had to bet, I'd bet on maroon-white-maroon.

They definitely would not have used any light blue, because a.) they weren't using that color at all by that time, and b.) it was never officially one of their colors, and didn't start showing up on merchandise until the relatively recent "retro craze" started.

Those caps were so rare. I'm not even sure if the team wore them in spring training, or if they just wore the '91 version without the logo. Finding a picture of the back of someone's head from spring training that year might be the only way to ever know, because there's zero chance of ever finding one of those caps for sale.

Rare, but I managed to snag one from Wayne Sporting Goods in 1992. I'd still wear it if my wife wasn't so put off by its filth. Anyway, I read this and then took a couple of pics. Check this out.

God heat hat is so friggin filthy- the sweatband would cause breakouts just from trying it on!

You can clean the cap, a product called totally awesome and a dishwasher but I think this cap deserves to be mercy burned!

Your ignorance amazes me. First off, dishwashers absolutely destroy hats (trust me, I tried it before). Secondly, this is a very rare and hard to find hat. Mercy burning" it would be like selling a rare jersey like the 1980s-90s Pittsburgh Pirates road jersey on Ebay for a dollar.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Your ignorance amazes me. First off, dishwashers absolutely destroy hats (trust me, I tried it before). Secondly, this is a very rare and hard to find hat. Mercy burning" it would be like selling a rare jersey like the 1980s-90s Pittsburgh Pirates road jersey on Ebay for a dollar.

You must be a moron than, I've washed many caps i the dishwasher- all have survived.

I'd burn the hat just for being a Phillys hat, I was being kind when suggesting to clean it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

I award you no points- and may god have mercy on your soul.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

You must be a moron than, I've washed many caps i the dishwasher- all have survived.

I'd burn the hat just for being a Phillys hat, I was being kind when suggesting to clean it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

I award you no points- and may god have mercy on your soul.

I think you confused him for yourself

Archived