2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Our new stadium will have an Atlanta address,

Wha-?

They going to re-zone the land or something? And how will they square that with the new county that's ponying up $600 million for the new park?

There's ways to get around that. In Jersey I know the Princeton address is well outside Princeton. Their post office isn't even in Princeton!

Anubis.png

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any updates to the rumors that the on field caps will shift to the Diamond Era style? Last I heard was what was posted on UW. By the way, whoever posted above that the Braves screaming Indian caps are hitting Lids is correct. I stopped at the one in Gwinnett Place Mall and they have a bunch. Picked up a 7 1/4. I have found the Diamond Era caps to fit my head better. For that reason I hope the on field caps switch over.

In case anyone was wondering...regarding the new Braves stadium move (this is from homeofthebraves.com):

Will the Braves be changing their name or logo when they move?

No. The name on our jersey will still be Atlanta Braves and we have no plans to change our logo. Our new stadium will have an Atlanta address, and we will continue to be proud to represent the metro Atlanta area for the next 30 years and beyond.

Eh? The Braves need a new stadium...why, exactly? 1996 aint new enough? Aint like Turner Field's made out of Lego pieces.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

mets jersey looks terrible.............imo only teams that have major military bases in the vicinity should do this stunt, just let san diego have this jersey, no reason to copy them

new york does, west point, and Fort Drum

West Point and Fort Drum aren't in the "vicinity" of Queens.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yep! The Pirates are getting a new logo! I personally like it! My fave Pirates logo was the "We Are Family" era team.

In the MLB, the only team that needs to change are the Brewers & Mariners! The Brewers need to go back to their 1980's uniforms again. Would love to see Seattle go back to their 1970's/early 80's uniforms!

That's the great thing about the MLB, NBA & NHL....most of the teams ar going back to their old uniforms, colors & logos! Love it!

The NFL however, is going the opposite direction!

What is up with the new Seattle Seahawks & Jacksonville Jaguars uniforms? Yuck! They both look like Arena Football League uniforms!

www.theclarences.com

Uh oh, Phantom Dreamer is back again. :P

But seriously. Not even 20 years in Turner Field, one of the most underrated ballparks in the bigs? I feel like the stadium-building trend is reverting to the old almost-suburban area/intersection of interstate highways method that was all the hype in the 50s and 60s.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

mets jersey looks terrible.............imo only teams that have major military bases in the vicinity should do this stunt, just let san diego have this jersey, no reason to copy them

Brooklyn has Fort Hamilton. Maybe that's insufficiently "major", but the Army is definitely part of the community.

Doesn't make these stunts any less offensive, though.

Brooklyn has Fort Hamilton. Maybe that's insufficiently "major", but the Army is definitely part of the community.

Doesn't make these stunts any less offensive, though.

right, but then every team could / should have a camo jersey..........i think they should have let san diego have this one for them selfes....God knows their fans don´t have alot to cheer for as it is

Are the Pirates definitely getting a new primary logo?

Has anyone seen it?

If you have, would you mind posting your thoughts?

Yes they are, and my hunch is that it will be unveiled at the Fan Fest held on December 14-15. It's been a tightly guarded secret, but I'm hoping for a type of design I saw on a players custom made UnderArmour shirt in September. This design had a skull with a Pirate hat, and two pistols in the background. So often, we see swords in a Pirate or Buccaneer type logo across different sports, and I think it's a great look to go with pistols from the time period of real Pirates(not the Somali version). There has been some chatter about a reluctance to use a skull from the marketing fan friendly viewpoint, but that seems weak to me. I've seen youth football helmets with skulls for teams nicknamed the Buccaneers and Pirates, and no one seemed traumatized.

Has anyone seen it?

An educated guess based on current trends is that it will look something like their current alt logo:

wghqrev2xvmfd75hf5zhttf2f.gif

I should have clarified my earlier comments, the cap logo, or "P" will not be changing. As a baseball fan, I tend to go with the cap logo as the primary look of a team. The Pirates will be changing the logo on the left sleeve, which they seem to do periodically, around every 10-20 years or so.

Has anyone seen it?

Yes they are, and my hunch is that it will be unveiled at the Fan Fest held on December 14-15. It's been a tightly guarded secret, but I'm hoping for a type of design I saw on a players custom made UnderArmour shirt in September. This design had a skull with a Pirate hat, and two pistols in the background. So often, we see swords in a Pirate or Buccaneer type logo across different sports, and I think it's a great look to go with pistols from the time period of real Pirates(not the Somali version). There has been some chatter about a reluctance to use a skull from the marketing fan friendly viewpoint, but that seems weak to me. I've seen youth football helmets with skulls for teams nicknamed the Buccaneers and Pirates, and no one seemed traumatized.

I think the guns would be a far greater PR problem than the skull.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived