2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my major beef with the Diamond Era hats. While the general idea of a raised logo popping out is great, the execution is really messed up at times like on that White Sox hat.

Some hats are hit and miss, the Brewers alternate one for example is very good with the raised logo.

pMLB2-15001114_alternate2_dt.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Didn't see this posted, but I do believe the White Sox finally wore the new BP caps with the retros last Saturday against San Diego!

preview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=apipreview.jpg?wm=api

There's no navy stitching on the white panel. Why can't New Era do this on the 5950's?

That's my major beef with the Diamond Era hats. While the general idea of a raised logo popping out is great, the execution is really messed up at times like on that White Sox hat.

Some hats are hit and miss, the Brewers alternate one for example is very good with the raised logo.

Yeah, except the glove's webbing is supposed to be white.

pMLB2-3537517dt.jpg

That pisses me off to no end. A small mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

Yeah, except the glove's webbing is supposed to be white.

pMLB2-3537517dt.jpg

That pisses me off to no end. A small mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

I've actually considered coloring in the spot with a marker or white out or something.

bSLCtu2.png

The first time I saw that hat I fell in love it.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Right now they won't switch because sales of the navy merchandise are apparently decent. Plus then they get to sell a whole line of BnG merch.

I'd suspect that if the modern stuff drops off, they'd make a change. But we'll see.

The prevalence of ball in glove merchandise probably hinders any attempt to bring back the ball in glove look full time. What's the upside to going with a throwback look for the Brewers? The ball in glove jerseys and caps are readily available. Any fan who prefers that look already has the merchandise associated with it. Switching to it full time won't bring in the wave of new sales that a uniform change usually accomplishes because everyone already owns Brewers throwback gear.

If the Brewers go back to royal blue and athletic gold expect them to do it in a way similar to what the Blue Jays and Astros did. A tweak of a classic to bring in those new sales rather then a straight adaptation of an older look.

So long as they don't change the logo, I'd be all for it. Hell, drop the block letters and bring back the 1942-1948 script in blue and gold.

1948_MajesticJersey_wordmark.jpg

Would look great against the pinstripes.

Honestly, I think if they made the switch they would see a bump, if only because the BnG offerings are relatively limited. But who knows?

I could dig that. I don't have an aversion to the royal and athletic gold scheme. I just don't like the ball in glove logo. It's just so...70s. Still...I could live with it if they introduced a sleeve patch that included some reference to beer making. The barley/ball logo from the Germanic set, the beer barrel man...something.

I've always thought they could merge the two indentities to form a new identity with a modernization. The BNG being the primary, the current scripts staying (tweaked), the blue/yellow colors returning, and an alternate M hat. I think it would be real nice.

bSLCtu2.png

So long as they don't change the logo, I'd be all for it. Hell, drop the block letters and bring back the 1942-1948 script in blue and gold.

Honestly, I think if they made the switch they would see a bump, if only because the BnG offerings are relatively limited. But who knows?

Another red and blue team? Why not at least capture some sort of attempt at getting a shade of wheat.

Another red and blue team? Why not at least capture some sort of attempt at getting a shade of wheat.
He meant the script, not the colors.

He meant the script, not the colors.

Oops, didn't read the last part.

Is there an Milwaukee version of that, I had an idea for a Brewers concept.

Archived