2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to post this picture a couple of days ago, but the Braves have changed the "A" on their home batting helmets as well.

Seattle+Mariners+v+Atlanta+Braves+kj_rMJ

Such an obvious change it's a wonder why it was never like this to begin with.

The Braves' chubby helmet A always looked terrible and it's bothered me since I was a kid. I am so happy they finally righted this wrong.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So long as they don't change the logo, I'd be all for it. Hell, drop the block letters and bring back the 1942-1948 script in blue and gold.

1948_MajesticJersey_wordmark.jpg

Would look great against the pinstripes.

Honestly, I think if they made the switch they would see a bump, if only because the BnG offerings are relatively limited. But who knows?

Is there an Milwaukee version of that, I had an idea for a Brewers concept.

I think what they wore against the cubs is the road version of these uniforms?

Right now they won't switch because sales of the navy merchandise are apparently decent. Plus then they get to sell a whole line of BnG merch.

I'd suspect that if the modern stuff drops off, they'd make a change. But we'll see.

The prevalence of ball in glove merchandise probably hinders any attempt to bring back the ball in glove look full time. What's the upside to going with a throwback look for the Brewers? The ball in glove jerseys and caps are readily available. Any fan who prefers that look already has the merchandise associated with it. Switching to it full time won't bring in the wave of new sales that a uniform change usually accomplishes because everyone already owns Brewers throwback gear.

If the Brewers go back to royal blue and athletic gold expect them to do it in a way similar to what the Blue Jays and Astros did. A tweak of a classic to bring in those new sales rather then a straight adaptation of an older look.

I have a feeling they'd instead do the "throw everything in a blender" approach, leading to us getting navy with royal blue and yellow, and pleasing nobody. Plus, I could see them doing what the Atlanta Falcons did to their logo with the BiG, revamping it and distorting it to the point where it doesn't really serve the original stated dual-purpose of representing a letter. Like, a diagonal "fierce" ball-in-glove.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I picked up a team-issued Civil Rights Game jersey today at Minute Maid Park. I hadn't seen the new Majestic team tagging before, so I am sharing the pic (via my Twitter):

https://twitter.com/theboujblog/status/474992902959939584/photo/1

What's the QR code for, authentication?

I assume so. Since it's team-issued, I'm sure it helps with authentification to just QR-Code them and be done with it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Right now they won't switch because sales of the navy merchandise are apparently decent. Plus then they get to sell a whole line of BnG merch.

I'd suspect that if the modern stuff drops off, they'd make a change. But we'll see.

The prevalence of ball in glove merchandise probably hinders any attempt to bring back the ball in glove look full time. What's the upside to going with a throwback look for the Brewers? The ball in glove jerseys and caps are readily available. Any fan who prefers that look already has the merchandise associated with it. Switching to it full time won't bring in the wave of new sales that a uniform change usually accomplishes because everyone already owns Brewers throwback gear.

If the Brewers go back to royal blue and athletic gold expect them to do it in a way similar to what the Blue Jays and Astros did. A tweak of a classic to bring in those new sales rather then a straight adaptation of an older look.

But it's not about sales or merchandise it's about looking good.

So long as they don't change the logo, I'd be all for it. Hell, drop the block letters and bring back the 1942-1948 script in blue and gold.

1948_MajesticJersey_wordmark.jpg

Would look great against the pinstripes.

Honestly, I think if they made the switch they would see a bump, if only because the BnG offerings are relatively limited. But who knows?

Is there an Milwaukee version of that, I had an idea for a Brewers concept.

I think what they wore against the cubs is the road version of these uniforms?

No - the uniforms they wore in Chicago were (fairly bad) approximations of their 1935 road jerseys. This script wasn't introduced until 1942.

In 1948, the year that throwback references, the Brewers wore this script on their roads:

1998_LeadOff_close1.jpg

The following year, the Brewers tweaked the script a little to make it better match the home version (especially the tail):

1951_roadjerseys.jpg

But it's not about sales or merchandise it's about looking good.
Nah. Any uniform change is motivated by merchandise sales.

Archived