2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen any posts about it, but here are some of the TWCSN graphics for the Dodgers (spoilered for size):

SZ3mdv1.png
dMbPjCs.png
nNSpeui.png
nDEtiVG.png
fFZw0Z7.png
B9kEspt.png
KRzHRk4.png
TlI73x5.png
zJGUBH1.png
5r7Tceg.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

pMLB2-18940651_alternate1_dt.jpgpMLB2-18843571dt.jpg

More Turn Back the Clock unis.

...and that is pretty much my perfect Orioles set. That script is exponentially better than anything they've worn since.

I really wish I didn't love my Brewers so; the Orioles are one of those extremely rare teams I would adopt just for their design.

That script is just...wonderful. As is the cap logo. That logo is, to me at least, the perfect Orioles cap logo.

Yes this is perfect example of how the bird is a far superior cap logo and classic identity for the o's and what a dated gimmick the cartoon bird really is.

Haha not really. The cartoon bird came back for a couple reasons. A lot of fan support. Plus a little championship history.

And I like that old oriole plus the early 90s oriole...but cartoon bird isn't a "dated gimmick" by any means.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Honestly if I was a Padres fan I think I'd have to watch the games on radio for a while. It would be too depressing to be constantly reminded of the death's of the franchise's two biggest icons, along with how bland their identity is.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Either that, or they figured that a classy tribute was the most appropriate for Gwynn.

I've never met anyone who likes that "O's" hat. If the Orioles are going to have a letter on one of their hats, I'd prefer it'd be a B.

I did a concept which replaced the O's hat with the stylized B from the Baltimore script.

USPAKFU.jpg

I don't think that letter works on its own. I'd rather see a variation of this:

pMLB2-9634194dt.jpg

buck-showalter-hat-300x300.jpg

I would rather see an all-black Cartoon bird hat.

All teams to wear commemorative Lou Gehrig patch on July 4th

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb-honor-gehrig-anniversary-famed-213857943--mlb.html

"Today...(day)...I consider myself...('sider myself)...the luckiest man...(luckiest man)...on the face of the earth...(face of the earth)..."

That has to be one of the most famous lines of the twentieth century. It's so sad that his life ended at 37 years old.

I stopped at the Rays team store in downtown Tampa today and saw a new cap I hadn't seen before. It was the same style as the fauxback, but the front panel was white, and the rest of the cap was Columbia blue, and I believe the brim was navy. I assumed it was a fashion cap, but I thought I overheard one of the employees mention to another customer that they got "the new throwback caps, both home and away." Did I miss something? I know the Rays are supposed to be wearing the fauxbacks in Chicago against the Cubs in August, but I hadn't heard anything about a different cap.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I stopped at the Rays team store in downtown Tampa today and saw a new cap I hadn't seen before. It was the same style as the fauxback, but the front panel was white, and the rest of the cap was Columbia blue, and I believe the brim was navy. I assumed it was a fashion cap, but I thought I overheard one of the employees mention to another customer that they got "the new throwback caps, both home and away." Did I miss something? I know the Rays are supposed to be wearing the fauxbacks in Chicago against the Cubs in August, but I hadn't heard anything about a different cap.

Never trust a salesperson :)

That is indeed the road fauxback---

Btw- Hat Guru sends his regards.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I don't know if it's been discussed previously, but on both the Braves' road jersey and road alternate, the first "A" in the script is very squished compared to what the digital versions depict.

kimbrel2-x-large.jpg

chipper-astros.jpg

This has always bothered me. Both that and the Braves script are completely different on the jerseys than on any official graphics.

Archived