2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@phutmasterflex I was just wondering if there was a method to cool base or polyester...especially for a team that has all cool base (and in the Rays case) switched the original fauxback to cool base. Me personally? I don't read what the material is. I just buy the jersey I want because it's not like I can tell them to send one style or another.

Because when I buy A's jerseys, some of them (gray, gold, black) have both cool base and polyester. That's my preference over cool base. But the newer one, like the green alts this year are only cool base. That's what I was wondering. I guess not all teams have that option.

I would assume that the throwbacks would be polyester. But I guess with what you just said, they don't, which is odd. I assume that newer designs going forward this season are going to be all cool base and anything that was designed before probably has both as an option.

Oh and tonight, Braves vs Athletics 1914 throwbacks

BvIotDfCYAI96cK.jpg

The Poly or COOLBASE thing has gotten more hit-or-miss in relation to throwbacks. For instance, the Astros Tequila Sunrise jerseys are poly, but the Negro League Eagles throwbacks were COOLBASE. The Orioles are a COOLBASE-only team, but the 1954 throwbacks are poly. The White Sox and Pirates both went to COOLBASE on their Sunday throwbacks. It might be a case of one-offs being poly and regular-use throwbacks being COOLBASE, but it isn't a hard or fast rule.

And something like 12 teams, give or take 2-3, still have both poly and COOLBASE available for their regular jerseys.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

@phutmasterflex I was just wondering if there was a method to cool base or polyester...especially for a team that has all cool base (and in the Rays case) switched the original fauxback to cool base. Me personally? I don't read what the material is. I just buy the jersey I want because it's not like I can tell them to send one style or another.

Because when I buy A's jerseys, some of them (gray, gold, black) have both cool base and polyester. That's my preference over cool base. But the newer one, like the green alts this year are only cool base. That's what I was wondering. I guess not all teams have that option.

I would assume that the throwbacks would be polyester. But I guess with what you just said, they don't, which is odd. I assume that newer designs going forward this season are going to be all cool base and anything that was designed before probably has both as an option.

Oh and tonight, Braves vs Athletics 1914 throwbacks

BvIotDfCYAI96cK.jpg

The Poly or COOLBASE thing has gotten more hit-or-miss in relation to throwbacks. For instance, the Astros Tequila Sunrise jerseys are poly, but the Negro League Eagles throwbacks were COOLBASE. The Orioles are a COOLBASE-only team, but the 1954 throwbacks are poly. The White Sox and Pirates both went to COOLBASE on their Sunday throwbacks. It might be a case of one-offs being poly and regular-use throwbacks being COOLBASE, but it isn't a hard or fast rule.

And something like 12 teams, give or take 2-3, still have both poly and COOLBASE available for their regular jerseys.

Is anyone else confused as to why they played at night? For a 1914 celebration, it should've been an afternoon start time.

For you lovers of striped socks, the Orioles seem to have unofficially adopted the socks from their 1954 throwback uniforms.

23204937851259178.jpg453838026.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1adam-jones-mlb-new-york-yankees-baltimor

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

For you lovers of striped socks, the Orioles seem to have unofficially adopted the socks from their 1954 throwback uniforms.

23204937851259178.jpg453838026.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1adam-jones-mlb-new-york-yankees-baltimor

I was thinking those were just the same socks that Sergio Romo (and other SF Giants) wears, but nope. Stripes on the Orioles' set are more towards the lower calf.

Sergio+Romo+Division+Series+San+Francisc

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

While I really like those O's socks, I kind of like their 1955-sometime in the 70's striped socks a little more, even though it is a color swap of the old Red Sox striped socks.

brooksrobinson.jpg

The added orange really gives a punch to the uniform. Likewise, the Braves could really benefit from the return of the Northwestern stripe socks, again to balance out the colors on the uniform (look at Andruw Jones).

AllTimeBraves.jpg

These striping patterns are all designs that can work well on solid socks, and they can help make classic looks seem a little more complete (Red Sox, Braves, Orioles, and Pirates would all look better with their old sock stripes). They aren't essential, but they do present an improvement.

Yeah, striped socks are where it's at.

However, don't give players the option of wearing striped or solid-coloured socks. That ends up looking sloppy and all-over-the-place, like a beer-league softball team that had only a few players willing to pay extra for custom socks. Have everybody wear them, or no one at all.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yankees used a single-color, all-navy version of the bat and Uncle Sam hat logo today during Joe Torre day. Wonder if they are finally trying sync up their logos a bit and do away with the royal and red version?

Also- white sox in all grey on the road! Nice :-)

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Yankees used a single-color, all-navy version of the bat and Uncle Sam hat logo today during Joe Torre day. Wonder if they are finally trying sync up their logos a bit and do away with the royal and red version?

Do you have a link to the Yankees all-navy logo? I'd love to see them ditch the red.

Do you have a link to the Yankees all-navy logo? I'd love to see them ditch the red.

ZDes5lA.png

I don't think it's anything to get too worked up about. It's something they've done before, it's just a one-color version of the logo for simplified printing. I have the exact same version on my Jeep, but the navy parts are transparent. It's not a new logo. Just a flat version of the more traditional logo. Which is good. I love the real top hat logo.

This single color version has been around for a while, I think I even have a hat with it somewhere. Here's some versions of it available:

pMLB2-19273513dt.jpgpMLB2-16779425dt.jpgpMLB2-16202204dt.jpgpMLB2-13702672dt.jpgpMLB2-17320012dt.jpg

Anubis.png

Archived