2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CoolWhip

You're saying it wheird.

I think we're gonna have this argument for a hwhile.

Turn-Down-for-Hwat-550x307.jpg

Back on topic. I do wonder if they are just going to make the regular caps in this DE material and give the players options to either wear the coolbase or DE cap since they essentially look nearly the same

Go A's!

Angels wearing California throwbacks tonight.

BwOpO0RCcAAZ_os.jpg

Unfortunately they're being a bunch of cheapskates and wearing their regular red batting helmets and it looks like crap.

BTW, what year are they supposed to be from? They look like a strange hybrid of their early '70s uniforms and their '80s uniforms.

BwOpO0RCcAAZ_os.jpg

Unfortunately they're being a bunch of cheapskates and wearing their regular red batting helmets and it looks like crap.

BTW, what year are they supposed to be from? They look like a strange hybrid of their early '70s uniforms and their '80s uniforms.

BwQfM5lIcAAHJB3.jpg

BwOpO0RCcAAZ_os.jpg

It's their jersey from 1978.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/4202/California_Angels/1978/Home_Uniform

IbjBaeE.png

That particular incarnation is such a jumble.

The "A" on the hat doesn't match the "A" on the jersey, in the halo or in the body of the letter. The other letters have weird distribution of weight in the letters. To me, the letters never look like they line up. THICK collar compared to the much smaller arm piping. That Red Sox number font.

That particular edition of the California Angels doesn't work for me.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

BwOpO0RCcAAZ_os.jpg

The width of the red neck stripe is comical. Why can't they ever get the details right with these throwbacks?

1976-topps-jerry-remy.jpg

So they can do thick neckline stripes on jerseys, but they haven't been able to figure out how to do thick sleeve stripes for replicas? I realize this is from a different era than the 80's version, but I don't understand why they can't do thick arm stripes.

BwOpO0RCcAAZ_os.jpg

BwQfM5lIcAAHJB3.jpg

Didn't the team once have corresponding California Angels batting helmets to go with the retro jersey set? Sheesh, the mismatch between the retro and current "halo-A" appearing at the same time is apparent.

BwOpO0RCcAAZ_os.jpg

BwQfM5lIcAAHJB3.jpg

Didn't the team once have corresponding California Angels batting helmets to go with the retro jersey set? Sheesh, the mismatch between the retro and current "halo-A" appearing at the same time is apparent.

Do the teams pay for their batting helmets or are they donated by the manufacturer as product placement promotional type-thing? Even if they pay for them, how much do they cost? $50 each? They can easily recoup that money by selling them on ebay after the game. Furthermore, how many would they even need? 15? I just don't understand how organizations with budgets of $200,000,000.00 choose to scrimp on something that costs so little.

BwOpO0RCcAAZ_os.jpg

BwQfM5lIcAAHJB3.jpg
Back during the Angels 50th anniversary, they had the matching batting helmets when they wore their throwbacks.

IbjBaeE.png

BwOpO0RCcAAZ_os.jpg

BwQfM5lIcAAHJB3.jpg
Back during the Angels 50th anniversary, they had the matching batting helmets when they wore their throwbacks.

They also wore throwbacks a few times the last two years and had proper matching helmets. I don't get it.

Archived