2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, it's an attractive color scheme, sure. But 1) The Twins/Senators have used red and blue as their colors forever, and that shouldn't change; and 2) Even putting aside the recent baseball trend of adding orange or wearing orange alternates, they have division rivals with a storied history of navy and orange. No way for the Twins.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Double duty patches. Overlapping ASG logo, which tells us that these aren't new caps, just old caps with the flag patch glued on.

Wrote a blog post about the inconsistencies in the patches this year: http://wp.me/p2bUoH-1Hk

Yikes that's bad. And you can't slap 'em on the other side of the cap either, that would be against flag code. You're right, they were very unprepared for this. It's not like they didn't know it was coming.

ALykGdZ.png

I was dissapointed to see Jeter announce his retirement, now I'm sick of him and just want to see him go away. Not his fault, but that's the way the Yankees have ruined this whole ordeal.

After seeing the teams' six-month fapfest over MO, I wouldn't be surprised if he announced his retirement before the season in hopes of similar treatment.

OF COURSE he did.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He didn't get an extra $3 mil from the Yankees this year for no reason. He was on the books for $9 mil, and they upped it to $12 mil. I guarantee that was to announce his retirement so the team could market it.

That said, the Yankees have been EXTREMELY fortunate that their last 3 non-playoff seasons (assuming they miss it this year) have been years that there has been something worth seeing (last year at the Stadium, Rivera's last year, Jeter's last year). If they don't make some changes in the off season, they're going to hurt at the gate next year.

Anubis.png

The Giants are wearing their "Gigantes" jerseys tonight for Fiesta Gigantes Night.

Apparently, the Mariners are also wearing their "Marineros" jersey tonight as well.

Thank God the Spanish translations for Major League Baseball teams are the correct ones. Whereas in the NBA apparently, slapping an "El" or a "Los" to the team name means Espanol!

The Giants are wearing their "Gigantes" jerseys tonight for Fiesta Gigantes Night.

Apparently, the Mariners are also wearing their "Marineros" jersey tonight as well.

Thank God the Spanish translations for Major League Baseball teams are the correct ones. Whereas in the NBA apparently, slapping an "El" or a "Los" to the team name means Espanol!

y230Nationals%20Mets%20Baseball.JPEG

You were saying?

Anubis.png

"Metropolitanos" would be the Spanish translation of "Metropolitans," so the shortened form of "Mets" would remain the same. Also, "Metropolitanos" would be a little long for the Mets' font to work on a uniform.

Except the Mets have always been just the Mets and not the Metropolitans. They were incorporated as the Mets. So putting Los on the jersey is still stupid.

Anubis.png

"Metropolitanos" would be the Spanish translation of "Metropolitans," so the shortened form of "Mets" would remain the same. Also, "Metropolitanos" would be a little long for the Mets' font to work on a uniform.

Except the Mets have always been just the Mets and not the Metropolitans. They were incorporated as the Mets. So putting Los on the jersey is still stupid.

Except for being named after the former NY metropolitans.

At least the Mets actually adjust their script and do not just add a tiny "Los" patch onto a current uniform like many NBA teams.

Speaking of the Mariners and jerseys with different languages on them; how come they've never done a jersey with Japanese characters on the front? They're owned by a Japanese company and have Japanese fans (they have ads in Japanese behind home plate). According to Google Translate, "Mariners" would be "マリナーズ", which could be put on a uniform easily. I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking the ethnic heritage night concept.

Speaking of the Mariners and jerseys with different languages on them; how come they've never done a jersey with Japanese characters on the front? They're owned by a Japanese company and have Japanese fans (they have ads in Japanese behind home plate). According to Google Translate, "Mariners" would be "マリナーズ", which could be put on a uniform easily. I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking the ethnic heritage night concept.

By the time the cheesy ethnic heritage concept really gained steam, Sasaki was gone and Ichiro was past his prime and was traded by 2012. So it would've felt a bit out of place on the field. At least that's the way I see it.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Side note:

How many of us see ichiro in Seattle for the end of his career?

How many see the Mariners honoring his career like the Astros did for Biggio and wear different uni's from his career?

How many might see a Orix Blue Wave jersey being worn once?

The Astros wore vastly different uniforms thoughout Biggio's career, whereas the Mariners' uniforms have been constant since Ichiro's first day. I don't see a jersey tribute for Ichiro.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

When I see all these jerseys for "special" nights, I just cringe. IF you're going to do it, do it right. Just have the special night and ditch the friggin' stupid jerseys that no one buys. The Kings have ethnic nights for Canadiens, Russians, etc. The salute the Military every night, etc, but have never worn a "special" jersey for these things. Just have your night and look like a professional franchise and not like a current NCAA football team.

Archived