2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the ads actually contributed to fewer commercial breaks or lower ticket prices, maybe I'd be in favor of them. But of course that won't happen. The owners will get richer, while ticket prices will continue to rise. So I'm against ads for that reason.

So if what the AFL Front Office was telling me last month is true, this will be the new on field caps this season during the Fall League. And the same style will be the on field cap next season for MLB as well.

pMLB2-19294757dt.jpg

This DiamondEra of course replacing the old 5950 cap which looked like this...

pMLB2-19294438dt.jpg

I'm assuming two things with this. First off, the AFL On Field 59Fifty caps will be just as impossible to find as they've always been (Usually just one run a season, sold only at the ballparks during games).

I also assume, and this is a total hunch with no proof to back it up, that it won't be a total switch to the new material caps, but similar to the CoolBase jerseys where it'll be another option.

I've worked for/with them several times over the past decade and I know this much, New Era isn't stupid enough to completely ditch their bread and butter.

BTW, anyone seen these yet?

c707882d8c9266d6831eeb2584346d84.jpg

Actually both versions of the AFL caps (Diamond and 5950) are available on the AFL website for all the teams right now through the MLB shop. They're available to everyone for the first time. Though at the full $34 bucks they're not cheap.

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12172417&sr=1&origkw=arizona%20fall%20league

Go f*** yourselves Giants, God pro sports is so obsessed with squeezing out every last cent, and you have the audacity to act like you need to do this for ticket prices not to go up? F*** you, there goes the respect I had for that franchise for privately funding their stadium a decade and a half ago.

To their credit they're the only team in MLB still paying off a fully privately funded stadium. They've become masters of squeezing their fans and sponsors for every red cent. So of course they're all for this...

Derek Jeter wears a cap with a customized white band.

Byd7UhnCAAA1r60.jpg

I saw ads of him and noticed it but I just thought it was not something he actually wore. Then saw this last night. Interesting.

Probably different material than a regular sweatband. Maybe the normal headbands are too itchy or irritable on his head. Just a theory.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Probably a regional cover and you cover a broader area this way.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Why the Orioles and the Capitals?

The Nationals made the playoffs, why not keep it in the city?

Great question. In the little blurb about the issue it opens with: While the Baltimore Ravens have won two Super Bowl titles this century, the fans of the Beltway are waiting for the Baltimore Orioles and Washington Capitals to hoist trophies in their respective sports.

The Nationals are mentioned exactly zero times. Not a big deal, but still kind of curious... http://www.si.com/2014/09/30/adam-jones-alex-ovechkin-sports-illustrated-cover

90758391980.gif

Because they don't know what they're doing. Some people mistakenly believe DC and Baltimore are part of the same metro area. You can tell by the language they used: "fans of the Beltway". What is that? Both cities have their own Beltway. Lots of Nats fans are pissed about it. Then again, we don't want that SI curse either.

Oakland used the grey jerseys tonight "record in those, 11 - 15"....I am shocked they did not use their favorite jersey all season long, the green one ! 47 - 33 in those, that was really stupid, what a huge mistake !

It wasn't a mistake because the jerseys had no impact on how well they played. I'm glad they wore their best look for the biggest stage.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Oakland used the grey jerseys tonight "record in those, 11 - 15"....I am shocked they did not use their favorite jersey all season long, the green one ! 47 - 33 in those, that was really stupid, what a huge mistake !

It wasn't a mistake because the jerseys had no impact on how well they played. I'm glad they wore their best look for the biggest stage.

right, I am just mad they lost, so i blame the jerseys....lol.....but i do like the green ones better then the grays.

Because they don't know what they're doing. Some people mistakenly believe DC and Baltimore are part of the same metro area. You can tell by the language they used: "fans of the Beltway". What is that? Both cities have their own Beltway. Lots of Nats fans are pissed about it. Then again, we don't want that SI curse either.

That is a big pet peeve of mine as well. There are two beltways . . . which are not directly connected to one another. If anything, "fans of the [baltimore-Washington] Parkway" would make more sense, since that is the road that actually connects both cities.*

* -- Not I-95, because it never enters the District.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived