2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always wanted the Nats to wear this. A combination of the old and new.

480_Harper_Joy_R_Absalon_MiLB_9r7spbee_z

Those are a little too similar to their division rivals in Atlanta for my liking.

The problem is the Nationals came along when there was already a glut of blue and red teams. They tried early on to distance themselves with gold and I liked that, but since they dropped gold it's just another plain jane red and blue team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

oGgsZ5a.png

This is what I've always had in mind for them. There's less red here than the Braves have, and the gold shows up better against navy than red. Also, straight-across nameplates would be a unique element in baseball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah that is by far the worst combo. I was thinking that they were wearing the orange tops. But the orange tops on the road are the best.

No, the orange tops on the road is by far the worst combo. Orange jerseys should never be worn with grey pants.

I've always wanted the Nats to wear this. A combination of the old and new.

480_Harper_Joy_R_Absalon_MiLB_9r7spbee_z

Those are a little too similar to their division rivals in Atlanta for my liking.

The problem is the Nationals came along when there was already a glut of blue and red teams. They tried early on to distance themselves with gold and I liked that, but since they dropped gold it's just another plain jane red and blue team.

I agree but unfortunately the red/navy color scheme is the most overused and generic in baseball if not all sports so no matter what variant of said combo they are going to put on the field they put on the field they are going to look like 3 other mlb teams.

oGgsZ5a.png

This is what I've always had in mind for them. There's less red here than the Braves have, and the gold shows up better against navy than red. Also, straight-across nameplates would be a unique element in baseball.

I like this and nobody uses this color scheme in baseball right now. Also the DC on the cap is what they should be wearing. It's sort of like the Twins hats.

Also, Stephen Strasburg needs to see a doctor about his loose arm skin. That can't be healthy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Personally, I wish they went with the prototype cap:

4884328132_36faa1f082_o.jpg

This should have been their perfect set. And with an alternate "DC" cap.

The problem with that W is that the W in the "Washington" script looks very different. They'd clash on the road uniform in what's expected to be a modern, comprehensively designed set. The W in the script doesn't stand on its own very well, however. That means it has to be the DC, which matches the lettering and has something close to a nice 1:1 ratio about it.

And now I admit I'm getting kind of esoteric here just to build my case, but with the Nats playing near the Navy Yard, I sort of want them in navy blue. The Capitals and Not-Bullets already do red over navy, and since there's no brand synergy between the Nats and the winter teams, I'd like them to be set off from the others just a little bit. (Of course, the Redskins aren't in on the red-white-blue thing at all, so they don't come into play.)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived