2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The Royals are getting a new road alternate jersey for 2014.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. Hopefully they won't return to the dreaded black era from the early 2000's.

2106628.jpg

???

YES! YES! YES! I hope to see the light blue uniforms again. Even though I'm not really a guy for colored pants for baseball uniforms.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, bosrs1 has a point that the longer the Padres can hold off the brown, the more fans that will have grown up with navy instead. Some of us pro-brown aren't quite "middle aged" yet.

Also, "bunch of friends" is preferred over "team-run poll" stats anyday. As the Braves showed, you can make a graph show anything you want.

True, neither is the most scientific measure of support for blue vs brown. But I've also never seen any kind of poll or anything else that shows Padres fans would want the brown beyond the small vocal Bring Back the Brown group that meet occasionally at the taco shop across from Petco Park and of course a few people on here (most of whom aren't Padres fans and wouldn't have to actually live with the godawful brown color scheme).

284_1Cincinnati_Riverfront_Stadium.jpg

I know what you're saying about the saucer stadiums but I always thought that Riverfront made a nice addition to the Cincinnati skyline. I may be prejudiced, but I thought it had the best exterior appearance of all the cookie cutters.

No argument, but you realize this is like saying she's the cutest fat chick over 350 pounds at the prom, right?

nav-logo.png

the godawful brown color scheme

But yeah, you've never seen any evidence that fans want it. :P

I think you're probably right, though, that the group is noisy beyond their actual numbers. Then again, considering that the Padres' attendance numbers have been in the bottom half of baseball for the last five years, that noisy minority just might constitute the bulk of the Padres' most devoted fans. We just don't know anything for sure.

I never got to go there, but I was always under the impression that renovated Busch Stadium II could've stuck around for a few more seasons.

I suppose, but they're so much better off with what they have now. It's not fancy or gimmicky, it's just a really solid, traditional urban ballpark.
In fact, certain features remind me a lot of Turner Field... oh.

So based on my calculations, we should expect Cardinals owners to moan and whine about Busch in the year 2022, with a new stadium to be opened in the suburbs by 2026.

Prefer the powder blue alt the Royals were wearing. I kind of wish they had put the crown patch on the front instead of the sleeve if they were going to go the "logo on the front" route. Also, I wonder why they have never tried to incorporate just a little bit of gold into their uniform set. A gold outline on the KC would look nice, IMO.

Prefer the powder blue alt the Royals were wearing. I kind of wish they had put the crown patch on the front instead of the sleeve if they were going to go the "logo on the front" route. Also, I wonder why they have never tried to incorporate just a little bit of gold into their uniform set. A gold outline on the KC would look nice, IMO.

The powder blue is still the home alternate. That is new road alternate.

Welp, the Royals' alt doesn't have powder blue pants. But it's pretty sharp.

https://twitter.com/Royals/status/404988141645217792/photo/1

Hot garbage. It's unfortunate to see the Royals, who already had one too many uniforms 1) add another, and 2) add one that sucks so hard. This is a batting practice jersey. Initials are preferred on hats, but suck 99% of the time on jerseys. All this does is strip down their identity. Give it up for your Kansas City KC's!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

New KC alt looks decent.

Does anyone know if the Marlins will wear their white-paneled home BP caps at all this year? I don't think they wore them at all in 2013 which is a shame because I think it works well with their set. And sadly very few stores are selling it. :(

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I like it and think it would serve well as their only alt (I tend to think teams should only have one alt, though)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The light blue trim doesn't look good right up against the white. From a distance, it makes it look like there's a haze around the logo.

The thick piping makes it look like a fashion or even a softball jersey to me. I think simple thin white piping (literally piping) and a white logo would have been better.

IMO, they could use the KC on the chest of their gray road uniform, and then put the road script on a blue alt.

I think the road script is too thin to look good on the gray, but in white on blue it might look better. I like the KC, but this looks too much like a BP. It'd be a strong mark on the road gray.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived