2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

I can't stand the Giants but they could go unbeaten in gray on the road. I wonder who is wearing the previous jerseys without piping nowadays......Little male skinheads who scream like Mariah Carey or fat slobs in ponytails who look like women but scream like death metal growlers?

iNeUzhh.png

I'm talking about this jersey here.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder who is wearing the previous jerseys without piping nowadays......Little male skinheads who scream like Mariah Carey or fat slobs in ponytails who look like women but scream like death metal growlers?

hbgoo, I generally maintain a policy of not engaging you in conversation, but I have no earthly idea what you're getting at here and would like you or anyone else to please explain what it is you're trying to say.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wonder who is wearing the previous jerseys without piping nowadays......Little male skinheads who scream like Mariah Carey or fat slobs in ponytails who look like women but scream like death metal growlers?

hbgoo, I generally maintain a policy of not engaging you in conversation, but I have no earthly idea what you're getting at here and would like you or anyone else to please explain what it is you're trying to say.

I'm glad it wasn't just me.

LAA removed the "Angels Baseball" logo from their left sleeve in favour of the MLB Postseason logo.

So stupid. They removed the wrong patch. They should've removed the halo A on the right sleeve which they shouldn't even wear to begin with. Maybe that's why they're down 2-0 in the series.

I can't stand the Giants but they could go unbeaten in gray on the road. I wonder who is wearing the previous jerseys without piping nowadays......Little male skinheads who scream like Mariah Carey or fat slobs in ponytails who look like women but scream like death metal growlers?

iNeUzhh.png

I'm talking about this jersey here.

05cevB2.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Wow what a coincidence I was actually just about to ask "why why why on earth did the Giants have to ruin their road unis like that", then...that post happened.

I don't know why, but I hate the primary gray jersey with piping! They shoulda kept the one they had in 2010!

LAA removed the "Angels Baseball" logo from their left sleeve in favour of the MLB Postseason logo.

The Orioles did the same with their 60th Anniversary patch.

With -- Without --

pMLB2-17498199reg.jpgbobby-dickerson-nelson-cruz-mlb-alds-det

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'd like to see the Giants' new road alternate with the piping of the 2010 road uniforms. I really dislike the generic block typeface for "SAN FRANCISCO" since it's so inconsistent with the home jerseys. However, I think the typeface for "GIANTS" would be too bulky for "SAN FRANCISCO". Therefore, the best solution, IMO, would be to use the SF over the left breast while keeping the piping consistent with the other unis.

Edit: Quick, poorly-made concept.

pJd4s1h.png

I'd like to see the Giants' new road alternate with the piping of the 2010 road uniforms. I really dislike the generic block typeface for "SAN FRANCISCO" since it's so inconsistent with the home jerseys. However, I think the typeface for "GIANTS" would be too bulky for "SAN FRANCISCO". Therefore, the best solution, IMO, would be to use the SF over the left breast while keeping the piping consistent with the other unis.

Edit: Quick, poorly-made concept.

pJd4s1h.png

The chest logo like that seems so inbalanced without the headspoon piping.

Go A's!

It's okay, but my preference would be the plain old road uniforms without gold drop-shadows. While it works against cream, I noticed how distracting it was in HD last night. I get that the script doesn't match, but they're a heritage team, and it was good enough for Juan Marichal.

The "San Francisco GIANTS Baseball Club" patch also looks like garbage on grey uniforms in high definition. Either use the roundel (OH NOES ROUNDELS) or don't have a secondary logo on the sleeve at all.

I'm not the one you asked, but since it's out there, yeah, the Giants' NOB typeface has some unattractive letters in it. The R and the M in particular look weird to me.

I'd like to see the Giants' new road alternate with the piping of the 2010 road uniforms. I really dislike the generic block typeface for "SAN FRANCISCO" since it's so inconsistent with the home jerseys.

Just out of curiosity, do you also dislike the NOB typeface?

Not sure if you're referring to the name-on-back or number-on-back. I do like the number-on-back typeface. Its simplicity contrasts well with the "GIANTS" wordmark. As for the name-on-back, I'm good with it. For that small of an element on the uniform, the typeface needs to be very legible, so a basic block works well, where as the wordmark should be the center of attention, meaning it ought to be a little more extravagent.

As for the issue of headspoon piping with a left-breast logo: the v-neck piping should provide the same sense of balance as the headspoon. Both are symmetrical over the center of the jersey. I think the only reason it looks odd is because we've never seen it done before. After a few games I'm sure it wouldn't even provoke a second glance. To each his own, though.

Archived