2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Rangers uniform tweaks. Looks like the drop shadows are finally gone, the beveling is gone in the alternates, and the outlines have changed slightly.

Edit: pics removed, someone else posted them.

The white isn't shown, but I've been told it's similar to the road, in the shadow being gone.

https://twitter.com/aandro/statuses/405057061622263809

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wrote a quick reaction blog post on it: http://butattheendoftheday.com/2013/11/25/texas-rangers-drop-the-drop-shadow-on-their-road-gray-jerseys/

Overall, it's addition by subtraction. The drop shadow was really unnecessary and now it's gone. The bevel I don't really care for but since their previous logo had it, I thought it was an OK part of their set. Now that it's gone, it's really nice.

And the rearranging of the order of the colors in the lettering is fine too

Go A's!

Too bad they didn't remove the stupid thorns from the numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't like that they infused powder blue into these, but if they are so insistent on it, I really wish the cap logo matched the jersey logo

g06U4BC.jpg

That would've been a good opportunity fro them to actually use gold on a uniform, but instead they use powder blue. *sigh* Overall though, it's a very nice jersey.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Any chance "RANGERS" is back on the homes?

new home

wml7pt.jpg

Better but why the double outline?! Remove the white in between the red and blue and this would be super clean.

Red and blue have a tendency to bleed into one another when placed side-by-side.

Archived