2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad they didn't remove the stupid thorns from the numbers.

Why does everyone hate the thorns on the numbers? I like them. It's fits a western team rather well.

The thorns look terrible on the numbers. The 8 looks like it was designed by someone who was drunk.

I don't like that they infused powder blue into these, but if they are so insistent on it, I really wish the cap logo matched the jersey logo

g06U4BC.jpg

Very similar to the team's BP jersey in the 80's.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Any chance "RANGERS" is back on the homes?

new home

wml7pt.jpg

Better but why the double outline?! Remove the white in between the red and blue and this would be super clean.

Red and blue have a tendency to bleed into one another when placed side-by-side.

I know it's orange, but the Mets old hat logo always looked purple to me for this reason. Same goes for the outline on their jerseys.

mets071805.jpg

Anubis.png

I love when common sense and good taste prevail. Reds, are you listening?

Oh good , I'm not the only one begging for the Reds to drop all black drop shadows. Sadly, they are taking 2 steps back with their black away BP hat and the new heavily black away BP jersey.

It also looks like the coaches dugout jacket for away games will be heavy on the black this year.

I've always really liked how red/blue looked side by side.

torre_book_0220.jpgpMLB2-9031460dt.jpg

Navy and royal are different.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The hell?

I didn't mind the beveling on the Texas jerseys, either. But the drop shadows had to go. It's a shame the Durham Bulls picked them up. Texas should look much better. However, out of four jerseys, one really should say Rangers. Probably the blue one, since perhaps they went away from it due to the similarity (in color and name) to the Angels.

The Royals alt doesn't work for me. The powder/white distinction won't be clear except up close, so it just muddies up what could be a very clean look. I think they should have picked one or the other.

*contrarian alert* I liked the recent Rangers uniforms and I consider this to be a downgrade. I also could give a sh#t if it says "Rangers" on the front. The same crowd that goes bananas about this, is the same crowd that waxes nostalgic about a badly done Dodger knock off uniform because "Nolan Ryan wore it." And the team was really, really terrible.

newsig.jpg

Yeah having the city name on the home is fine with me, even if it's non traditional.

With a few exceptions (Phillies for example) it's better to have location on the home than nickname on the road.

It's kind of a throwback to when teams were just "[city] baseball club", and nicknames were unofficial and usually coined by writers or fans.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Prince Fielder will wear number 84, the year he was born.

Fielder_zpsf493b799.jpg

. . . which makes me feel really old since it is when I graduated from high school.

Back on topic . . . this is a much needed improvement. The old text was practically illegible . . . especially for the NOBs.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The conspiracy theory around Detroit is that he took 84 as a shot at the Tigers (their last title was in 1984), but it's mostly dismissed as nonsense.

That would make sense if he or his new team had a ring.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I've always really liked how red/blue looked side by side.

torre_book_0220.jpgpMLB2-9031460dt.jpg

Semi off-tangent: boy were those red Rangers caps in the 1990s so much better for them than the current blue caps they have.

They brought back the red caps a few years ago.

Ian+Kinsler+Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+v

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived