2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The Yankees and Mets both represent NY, not just the boroughs their stadiums just happen to be in. They have a rivalry like no other two teams (except for the Cubs and White Sox). They are competing for the love of the fan base of the same city. Them wearing New York on their road jerseys while playing in New York in the other team's stadium takes on a whole new meaning. It's like saying, "yeah we're technically on the road, but we still represent New York". Putting the borough the team's stadium happens to be in is pointless. How would the Mets look with "Queens" on their jerseys and the Yankees with "NY" on their's anyway? And what about the "NY on their caps?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped by the Reds official store on their MLB website and the amount of black hoodies, shirts, etc is sickening. I know the away BP jersey is 99 percent black. It appears the away dugout jackets will be black from the looks of it. It looks like they are taking two steps back and shoving black down our throats once again. They need to do as the Rangers. Addition by subtraction.

If they HAVE to have a third color, why not harken back to the old days and add navy blue. I still prefer just white/red. The 1970 uniforms were pure perfection.

The Reds certainly don't show any signs of turning away from the black, but at least there's more red stuff than anything else on their site. It's not as bad as it was prior to 2007, but like you, I'd like to see the simple red and white return.

If they HAVE to have a third color, why not harken back to the old days and add navy blue.

Yeah, that's exactly what baseball needs, another R/W/B team and more navy. :rolleyes:

Agreed. But again, if they insisted on adding a third color, navy blue would be the way to go.

Here's to hoping the Reds never go back to their look from the early 2000's... by wearing more black than red (especially at home). Bleh.

Edit: If they feel the need to add a third color,some modern modification of this look would be a-ok:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/382/133/GYI0060460120_crop_450x500.jpg?1274348546

I stopped by the Reds official store on their MLB website and the amount of black hoodies, shirts, etc is sickening. I know the away BP jersey is 99 percent black. It appears the away dugout jackets will be black from the looks of it. It looks like they are taking two steps back and shoving black down our throats once again. They need to do as the Rangers. Addition by subtraction.

If they HAVE to have a third color, why not harken back to the old days and add navy blue. I still prefer just white/red. The 1970 uniforms were pure perfection.

Why not dark gray? Stands out and looks good. Or, do like they did in the 1990s and wear a lot of white.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

What are the Camo jerseys on MLB Shop for? Are these the Stars & Stripe jereys for this year?

pMLB2-16498523nm.jpg

pMLB2-16480640nm.jpg

Absolutely fashion pattern. Non-digicam doesn't make sense. No US military organization is using non-digicam, although the army is beginning a transition to multicam.

ya nobody uses that camo pattern

Ironically, movies would have you believe that it was used. DoD commissioned it when the old Woodland and 6-Color BDU patterns were developed, but it was never adopted or approved.

Anubis.png

I like black. I don't get the big fuzz over black. Baseball has too much gray imo

They have to wear gray half their games.

I know they do, but a lot of teams are starting to wear colored jerseys for their road games. I'd love to see more teams go with colored road jerseys than gray imo.

I like black. I don't get the big fuzz over black. Baseball has too much gray imo

I know they do, but a lot of teams are starting to wear colored jerseys for their road games. I'd love to see more teams go with colored road jerseys than gray imo.

Yep. Just don't over due it like the Marlins do.

Yep. Just don't over due it like the Marlins do.

the marlins are on another level, they never wear their greys which is a whole nother level of stupidity

I have yet to see a single coloured alternate where I've gone "that should be their primary road look, so much better then their grey jerseys!"

Grey on the road just works with baseball. Like much of baseball it doesn't make much sense, but it doesn't need to. Grey just works.

JMO though.

I have yet to see a single coloured alternate where I've gone "that should be their primary road look, so much better then their grey jerseys!"

Grey on the road just works with baseball. Like much of baseball it doesn't make much sense, but it doesn't need to. Grey just works.

JMO though.

When I become King of Baseball, all teams will wear white at home and gray on the road. Batting practice jerseys will be relegated to batting practice, Spring Training, and Little League.

Archived