2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gripe with New Era is the ridiculously high crowns on their hats. What's the point? Unless you have a huge head they look stupid. They'd look a lot better and probably sell more if they were a bit more form fitting. It IS possible to have a form fitting hat without being a slouch cap like '47 brand.

My gripe with New Era is the ridiculously high crowns on their hats. What's the point? Unless you have a huge head they look stupid. They'd look a lot better and probably sell more if they were a bit more form fitting. It IS possible to have a form fitting hat without being a slouch cap like '47 brand.

They sell low profile fitted caps if you prefer the shorter crown

Yep, I dug one out and wore it to a game last month. My wife had never seen me wear a 5950 and laughed.

If you're talking MLB game caps, I know they have some low-crown ones on the New Era website, but that's the only place I've seen them. They are very difficult to find. I'd rather have a true fitted cap than the 3930 style.

My gripe with NE is the inconsistency of their products. I have size 7 across the board. Some fit perfect, some have a high crown, some push my ears to the side, some are so tight that it leaves a red ring on my forehead, and some are loose and I can stick fingers inside the sweatband by my ears. I buy most of my hats online as the Lids at my mall is a small Lids with a very limited selection. I lucked out on some of the double hats I bought. I put in 1 my closet and 1 for a keepsake because I bought 2 and I could try the best fitting one for the one I'll wear around. I used to go strictly 3930, but they became inconsistent as well (and became more frat boy bent brim too much) and you can't get MiLB or MLB really in anything but 5950.

KISSwall09.jpg

If you're talking MLB game caps, I know they have some low-crown ones on the New Era website, but that's the only place I've seen them. They are very difficult to find. I'd rather have a true fitted cap than the 3930 style.

MLMD.com also carries the low crown 5950's. I think they are the only ones outside of NewEra.com that carry them.

As long as NE decides to produce the BP-material hats in low crown, I'll be fine. I hate the ultra-high top hats. I own one BP (Astros), but I don't wear it very much because it's too tall.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

What I dont understand is why MLB is ticked off at New Era for getting the NFL contract.

I don't get it either. They're a hat company. What do you expect them to do? I guess MLB thinks it will hurt their sales because if someone wants a fitted 5950 they might buy a NFL hat, not an MLB hat.

New Era also makes NBA & NHL hats. Why haven't those caused angst I wonder?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

MLMD.com also carries the low crown 5950's. I think they are the only ones outside of NewEra.com that carry them.

As long as NE decides to produce the BP-material hats in low crown, I'll be fine. I hate the ultra-high top hats. I own one BP (Astros), but I don't wear it very much because it's too tall.

I just don't understand why the 5950s are so high crowned. I had some mlb game caps during the mid to late '90s and the crown was nowhere near as big as they are now. Frankly, even the 3930s are too high for my liking. For me the perfect hats would have the really low crown like the 47 brand hats, but made from the stiffer materials like new era caps. I love to wear hats but it's always a pain in the ass finding something that fits the way I like it.

Low crowns remind me of "ordinary hats" and have horrible views of the logo on the front.

My dream hat would be a New Era crown with the interior like a '47 Brand Franchise cap. I have an ECW Wrestling '47 Brand Franchise hat and it's very very comfortable and really soft on the inside. It's really surprising to me how New Era hasn't tried to do a similar style, I mean Cool Base is alright but '47 Brand blows it out of the water when it comes to comfort. That thing has a freaking soft sweat band in the hat, and it helped me on the 4th of July in 112 Degree weather!

bSLCtu2.png

So far, all I've heard is that the Pirates are getting a new logo,

Thank god.

and that the Mariners are revamping just about everything.

Uh-oh...

Please don't be blue and yellow, please don't be blue and yellow...

The Royals are getting a new road alternate jersey for 2014.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. Hopefully they won't return to the dreaded black era from the early 2000's.

2106628.jpg

???

I really hope so!!!!

More like

Frank%2BW.jpg

All I can say is that MLB needs a few colored head-to-toe uniforms (Light Blue, Yellow, maybe even Graphite*).

*Not that I liked that entire set, but still...

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The fact that the Mariners' BP jersey for next year has the exact same color scheme and wordmark they've used since '93 seems to debunk the rumor of them changing colors.

Not necessarily. It could mean that the Mariners' bp set we saw was just a place holder to avoid leaking the new logos/colours. We saw this last off-season with the NFL. New Era released draft caps for the Jags and Dolphins that used the old colours/logos to avoid spoiling those teams' re-brands.

Or it could mean that the Mariners changes are coming the season after next.

So the Mariners are indeed ditching the teal for cream?

The rumour is that they're switching from navy, teal, and silver to blue (what shade, we're not sure), athletic gold, and cream.

I just don't understand why the 5950s are so high crowned. I had some mlb game caps during the mid to late '90s and the crown was nowhere near as big as they are now. Frankly, even the 3930s are too high for my liking. For me the perfect hats would have the really low crown like the 47 brand hats, but made from the stiffer materials like new era caps. I love to wear hats but it's always a pain in the ass finding something that fits the way I like it.

It's all just a style choice. I've got a tall head, I guess, because the high crown 5950s look good on me. The '47 franchise caps don't fit my style AT ALL and look terrible on me.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived