2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The fact that the Mariners' BP jersey for next year has the exact same color scheme and wordmark they've used since '93 seems to debunk the rumor of them changing colors.

Not necessarily. It could mean that the Mariners' bp set we saw was just a place holder to avoid leaking the new logos/colours. We saw this last off-season with the NFL. New Era released draft caps for the Jags and Dolphins that used the old colours/logos to avoid spoiling those teams' re-brands.

Or it could mean that the Mariners changes are coming the season after next.

So the Mariners are indeed ditching the teal for cream?

The rumour is that they're switching from navy, teal, and silver to blue (what shade, we're not sure), athletic gold, and cream.

Is this confirmed good sir?

Jaguars

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that the Mariners' BP jersey for next year has the exact same color scheme and wordmark they've used since '93 seems to debunk the rumor of them changing colors.

Not necessarily. It could mean that the Mariners' bp set we saw was just a place holder to avoid leaking the new logos/colours. We saw this last off-season with the NFL. New Era released draft caps for the Jags and Dolphins that used the old colours/logos to avoid spoiling those teams' re-brands.

The rumour is that they're switching from navy, teal, and silver to blue (what shade, we're not sure), athletic gold, and cream.

no, thats what a rumor just that a rumor nothing confirmed yet.

If it's true then the Mariners are about to go from one of the best looks in baseball to being in the bottom five. Just like the Astros.

Nah, the Astros had a bottom five look when they paired the name "Astros" with a colour scheme and logo set that evoked a southwestern railway motif.

I would of liked to see the Astros go with something a bit more "out there" with their re-brand (a modernized shooting star or something) but at least they're using their proper colours again.

no, thats what a rumor just that a rumor nothing confirmed yet.

When do you think we will know if they are changing?

Jaguars

Padres most definitely need new uniforms. I'd prefer them going back to their 1985-1990 set. Whenever I play the Padres in MLB 13 The Show, that's the set I play them in.

The Milwaukee Brewers also need a new set. Too many navy and too many red caps/uniforms in the game. I'd prefer the Brewers to go with their late 80's look or their 1994-1997 look.

The Mariners won't be changing appraently. I'd make them wear their teal bill cap for all home games and bring back the teal bill batting helmets.

Also saw a rumor about the Roayls new road alternate and I hope its not the godawful black. Then they'll never make the playoffs in those, though the Lids store at my local mall still sells that atrocious black/blue Royals cap from that time period in the "Cooperstown Collection" set.

The Twins need to make th "M" cap their permanant Home cap and save the Navy "T/C" for retro Saturday wearing the Harmon Killabrew era uniforms.

Rangers were "rumored" to bring back the "Rangers" script for Home/Red Alternate Uniforms but that was just an urban myth.

Cubs new uniforms also appear to just be speculation though I'd prefer them having the "mean looking Cub" from the Sandberg era uniforms on the sleeve.

Atlanta needs to ditch the Navy Alternates/Navy caps and use the traditional red bill cap for all games (circa Maddux/Smoltz/Lemke etc.)

Also saw a rumor about the Roayls new road alternate and I hope its not the godawful black. Then they'll never make the playoffs in those, though the Lids store at my local mall still sells that atrocious black/blue Royals cap from that time period in the "Cooperstown Collection" set.

Uniforms don't dictate whether a team makes the playoff's or not.

Lukas has an update on the hats. Source 1 is from the other day and source 2 is today

Regarding the change of cap fabrics for next season, Source No. 2 says one team is definitely on board for that the Dodgers with a second unnamed team close to pulling the trigger. But contrary to what Source No. 1 had told me, Source No. 2 says theres no indication yet that it will be an MLB-wide thing. Ive done some additional checking to see if I can figure out which source is right (or if neither of them is right), but so far no dice.

The new source 2 also says that under armour, not nike, is new era's competition for hat distributor

Link to it all

http://www.uni-watch.com/2013/10/14/monday-morning-uni-watch-112/

Uni Watch is reporting a supposed conversation between a reader and a marketing executive of the Padres:

Hope on the Padres horizon: Got a note yesterday from reader Drew Celestino, who had an encouraging story to tell about trip he’d recently taken:

I was recently returning from a trip to San Diego, and who should sit next to me on the plane but a high-ranking executive from the San Diego Padres marketing and retail department (or so his business card says). I’m not much into baseball but am into sports, so we struck up a conversation.

I brought up Uni Watch. He said he was well aware of it, and that he felt that the Padres had the worst uniforms in baseball. I was surprised by this admission. I asked if there was something in the works to change that. He said indeed there was.

I asked what he felt was wrong, what he thought they could do about it, and what about the camo nonsense. He said they feel like they’ve overdone the camo thing, even though it’s extremely popular with their fans and sells well. And he said all the fans want the brown back. That led me to ask if we should expect the return of the friar and the brown, etc. He got a tad short on details at this point but said basically to expect something that combines all of their uniform history.

Combines their entire uniform history? I don't like the sound of that. Basically the San Diego Padres are going to be the San Diego Chargers of baseball. Fitting.

Well, as an example, if they switched their current uniforms to brown wouldn't they have effectively combined their entire uniform history? Or if they switched to the 85-90 set and utilized the current "fancy" interlocking SD logo they would have done the same thing. We will have to wait and see, also keep in mind this was a hearsay conversation reported by Lukas, it could all be hogwash.

Just watch MLB trample all over any nice ideas they might have with their dirty old shoes.

Home whites. Road sands. Home alternate gold jersey. Home/road alternate brown jersey. Solid brown cap. "Taco bell" BP/alt cap. No orange necessary. Use the 1969 set as inspiration. Modern interlocking "SD."

It's all quite simple, but sadly I'm expecting the majority of the Padres front office to spring for the PCL tribute garbage, or else MLB will step in and nix and whispers of brown and gold.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Just watch MLB trample all over any nice ideas they might have with their dirty old shoes.

Home whites. Road sands. Home alternate gold jersey. Home/road alternate brown jersey. Solid brown cap. "Taco bell" BP/alt cap. No orange necessary. Use the 1969 set as inspiration. Modern interlocking "SD."

It's all quite simple, but sadly I'm expecting the majority of the Padres front office to spring for the PCL tribute garbage, or else MLB will step in and nix and whispers of brown and gold.

Your suggestions are excellent, but I fear your last sentence will come to pass.

Archived