2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Also, I'm anti-cap-patch as a general rule.

Why?
Glad you asked. I'd say it's mainly because they force logos that are intended to be dispayed at larger sizes (often sleeve patches) onto much smaller canvases.

If they took a "postage stamp" approach, and simply designed specific logos for that space -- and that were legible in that space -- I might not have as much of a problem with it.

For example the flag patch is simple enough. It might be the only side patch that works for me. But in the past, MLB had WS05 patches in addition to a full World Series patch. Inexplicably, the full patch went on the hat and the shorthand one was blown up to full size for the sleeves, when in reality the opposite would have made more sense.

They are also often cheaply made and fall off.

As a side note, the back of the cap seems to be less grating to me, but the teams that have used them still made them too large and/or gaudy.

Simple is better, IMO.

EDIT: Also, when you consider what most primary cap logos are -- a simple letter or 2 -- a complex patch a couple of inches to the viewer's right makes the whole cap unbalanced.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with cap patches for one off games, like the all star game, or short term things, like the World Series. Not a fan of whole season ones in the way the Cubs are doing.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I don't think that means anything. The black caps have been listed as an official alternate for the past 7 years and have never seen the field. My guess is that the reporter just now noticed that those caps are still designated as an official alternate and assumed a comeback is in order. But I could be wrong.

This seems like a good place to ask.

I'm looking to buy an authentic Twins jersey online but am not sure what size to get. I have a size 52 Span jersey but it's really baggy. I'm 6'1" with a 33" waist. There was a thread about authentic sizing from this site (found via Google search), but it was from 2008 so I don't know if it holds up still. In the thread someone said that "a size 44 baseball jersey is about one centimeter larger in all meaningful dimensions than a size L". If that's still true, it sounds like I should go with a 40. I just want to make sure that's not too small. I want a nice fit (not baggy), but not tight obviously. My measurements line up with a medium baseball jersey, so whatever size matches that (or is just slightly bigger) would be ideal.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

In general, a 44 is a large (52 is a XXL). I'd go with the 44, espcially because you'll be wearing it with a t-shirt underneath it.

That's where I was leaning. I also just got off the phone with Majestic Shop customer service and apparently they don't know what size authentic jerseys are (which is a bit odd considering they make them). He said based on my size though that a 44 would probably be my best bet. I'll wait a couple hours in case anyone else chimes in, but otherwise I think I'll go with the 44.

Thanks for the help!

I'm looking to buy an authentic Twins jersey online but am not sure what size to get. I have a size 52 Span jersey but it's really baggy. I'm 6'1" with a 33" waist. There was a thread about authentic sizing from this site (found via Google search), but it was from 2008 so I don't know if it holds up still. In the thread someone said that "a size 44 baseball jersey is about one centimeter larger in all meaningful dimensions than a size L". If that's still true, it sounds like I should go with a 40. I just want to make sure that's not too small. I want a nice fit (not baggy), but not tight obviously. My measurements line up with a medium baseball jersey, so whatever size matches that (or is just slightly bigger) would be ideal.

What's your chest measurement? That's how they size them, although they appear to have retired 42 for Jackie Robinson in jersey sizes as well.

What's your chest measurement? That's how they size them, although they appear to have retired 42 for Jackie Robinson in jersey sizes as well.

Measuring with a tape measure (not exact I know) my chest is about 38" (40" taking and holding a breath). Size 40 then? Would that be long enough? I have a slightly longer waist than most, but nothing crazy. A medium t-shirt usually fits me in everything but length so I wear large tees.

In general, a 44 is a large (52 is a XXL). I'd go with the 44, espcially because you'll be wearing it with a t-shirt underneath it.

That's where I was leaning. I also just got off the phone with Majestic Shop customer service and apparently they don't know what size authentic jerseys are (which is a bit odd considering they make them). He said based on my size though that a 44 would probably be my best bet. I'll wait a couple hours in case anyone else chimes in, but otherwise I think I'll go with the 44.

Thanks for the help!

I always just tell my friends to go to an actual store and try on different sizes there. You'll then find out which one is best for you before ordering it online

Go A's!

Measuring with a tape measure (not exact I know) my chest is about 38" (40" taking and holding a breath). Size 40 then? Would that be long enough? I have a slightly longer waist than most, but nothing crazy. A medium t-shirt usually fits me in everything but length so I wear large tees.

Baseball jerseys were made to be tucked in, so they run a little long. Sounds like a 40 would be perfect for you. The next size up is 44, so unless you appreciate the comfort of a muumuu you'll want to stick with a 40.

So the 2014 shirts are out, I'm pretty sure the mariners thankfully are remaining the same.

Ryan Divish mentioned that the Mariners would not be changing their logo or uniforms back in September. M's fans well have to wait another season I guess.

You're one of the few people who wants the old crap brought back. Nobody else wants to throw back to a time when the uniforms sucked, the stadium was an albatross roller-rink and the team was always a threat to move.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived