2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the fact that the MLB batter logo matches the jersey colors, i belive the NBA once had that too, the "Jerry West" logo on the front of jersey and shorts were the same as the uni, so the spurs for instance had a black white silver logo, or is my mind playing tricks on me ?

For the 50th season in 96-97, the used a gold outline logo. So the parts that were normally white (player and rectangle outline) were gold, and the rest was the jersey color.

nba_sonics_rockets_1997_576.jpg

I see, thanks, well it must be wishful dreming on my part then.

But i think it would look nice if the NBA logo had the team colors, anyone agrees / disagrees ?

I like red white blue for all in the nba, and i think it would look fine in mlb though what they do now doesnt bother me

Im lucky the dodgers use the regular mlb logo

I think its just the difference btwn the front and the back of the jerseys, since the nba logo is on the front and is what is seen the most it needs to be red white and blue, like the nfl shield, versus the mlb logo on the back of jerseys and hats and does not get as much air time and thus can sacrifice its color scheme in favor of team colors

Anyone know what year the batter logo first appeared on the back of player jerseys, and when it became "color matched" ?

As far as I remember it first appeared during the 2000 season. Can't remember when they were color matched, I thought some teams have always had them matching, both on caps and jerseys. Maybe it became universal around '09 or so.

Anyone know what year the batter logo first appeared on the back of player jerseys, and when it became "color matched" ?

As far as I remember it first appeared during the 2000 season. Can't remember when they were color matched, I thought some teams have always had them matching, both on caps and jerseys. Maybe it became universal around '09 or so.

just looking at the motherships uniforms it looks like they've always been color matched since they were added in 2000

Yes and yes. The batter logo was placed on the jersey before the 2000 season. It has always been in team colors. I'm not sure when the logo was first placed on the back of the cap (I think 91 or 92), and I think it might have been red-white-blue for all teams the first season or two.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I like the Dodgers new road alternates. Personally, though, the "Los Angeles" jerseys need to be retired. But, I'd wish they'd go back to this:

11c4jmmrcb10heswoueo4tuf6.gif

Yes and yes. The batter logo was placed on the jersey before the 2000 season. It has always been in team colors. I'm not sure when the logo was first placed on the back of the cap (I think 91 or 92), and I think it might have been red-white-blue for all teams the first season or two.

1992 was the year the MLB logo first appeared on the backs of MLB game caps.

UBwef0L.png

Looks like this year's "clubhouse"/post-game hats are out:

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_1543000/altimages/FF_1543550ALT1_xl.jpg

And there will be Diamond-Era 3930s?

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_1592000/altimages/FF_1592233ALT2_xl.jpg

These are from the Fanatics site, BTW.

(I tried to post these as images, but it wouldn't let me. Oh well.)

kU6ns.gif

Archived