2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

No Taco Bell cap. Brown is bad enough but looking like one of the worst fast food resturaunt's employees would be the absolute worst possible decision they could make. Panel caps are all garbage but there's a special place in hell for whomever designed the Taco Bell panel cap.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Taco Bell cap. Brown is bad enough but looking like one of the worst fast food resturaunt's employees would be the absolute worst possible decision they could make. Panel caps are all garbage but there's a special place in hell for whomever designed the Taco Bell panel cap.

I agree there. And I agree with the Taco Bell colors...I think the fun love for brown/yellow may get stale. On the other hand the below cap and colors are sexy:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

OK, not to be rude, but.......guessing game time. Which one do you think it will be?? Which one do YOU want it to be???? Give me option 2 all day! (Keep in mind Atlanta has 2 different road pants, so it's not impossible)

I have no inside info, but I think it's much more likely that KC would just change the road alt script from "Royals" to "Kansas City". Maybe they are thinking of going to a road columbia blue alt, but my first guess would be making the royal alts match the road greys.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

OK, not to be rude, but.......guessing game time. Which one do you think it will be?? Which one do YOU want it to be???? Give me option 2 all day! (Keep in mind Atlanta has 2 different road pants, so it's not impossible)

1396048_10202248884684403_1084450934_n.j

Neither. I don't think it'll be powder blue. They only wear the powder blue tops during daytime home games so I don't think they'll re-use it for away games.

I really don't have any idea what they might do. Maybe they'll update the royal blue jerseys they wear during daytime away games. I'd like to see those without the wordmark, and instead use the 'KC' hat logo on the left chest.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I really don't have any idea what they might do. Maybe they'll update the royal blue jerseys they wear during daytime away games. I'd like to see those without the wordmark, and instead use the 'KC' hat logo on the left chest.

Right. Because why have an entire brand package when you can just strip it down and reuse a cap logo, amirite? High five, Nationals!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Right. Because why have an entire brand package when you can just strip it down and reuse a cap logo, amirite? High five, Nationals!

It wouldn't be very novel, but it wouldn't be the worst thing they could do. Consider that the home white and powder blue both say "Royals." If the grey and royal blue say "Kansas City" and "KC," then you have balance, since the royal blue seems to function mostly as a road jersey. On the other hand, the KC monogram might be a little too thin to make a good standalone jersey logo. They'd be best off leaving it alone, or just not having a fourth jersey.

I wonder if the Royals will find a way to incorporate that Lorde song.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Remember the dugout jackets from the 80's 90's ?? Those were the best yet. I'm not really into the hoodies in the dugout

I'd be OK with it if it was the "Batting Cardinal". I love that logo. The current alternate logo sucks. I'm shocked the don't sell those 80's dugout jackets. I think they would make a killing selling those. I'd buy one.

Look into starter brand jackets. They brought them back this year.

I found new NFL & NBA Starter jackets, but not MLB. It doesn't look like Starter has an MLB license. Does Majestic have some kind of exclusive contract?

Nah, Starter is at least doing the Breakaway jackets (90s pullover style) for MLB, but the logo on the back appears to be hat logo only, instead of team's primary logo (like they did 20 years ago).

pMLB2-15583326dt.jpg

pMLB2-15774173_alternate1_dt.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived