2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Dick's Sporting Goods is selling this as an authentic... looks like the 90s/00s style is coming back (albeit with a hanging sox patch on the sleeve). At least that makes one upgrade this offseason.

pDSP1-17950154p275w.jpg

If that's their new road jersey, it's a step in the right direction, but still a swing and a miss. The only reason for the road unis of the past four years was "Hey, remember the '80s when we were kinda good, and our road unis looked like they were made at a local print shop? That was fun. Let's go back to that." Even though the '00s set was better than the last one, it still failed in that it didn't have placket piping like the iconic home jersey. This one brings back the red like that set, but it still doesn't have placket piping. It doesn't even have sleeve piping. This is just the navy jersey with red thrown into the characters, and it would probably be worn with stripeless pants.

It's better than the current set, worse than the set before that, and still not what they should be wearing.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BfW3CMXCQAAe-q9.jpg

Awesome. I might have to buy me one.

While I'm not the biggest fan of the placket piping, it's more than made up for by the classic script logo. I like it slightly more than I liked the old orange alt. I'm just happy it's not going to be worn with the original orange alt (Baer, pick either the "San Francisco" road, or the "SF" road, not both).

Ummm....nice work Majestic on totally screwing up the replicas....

pMLB2-17581840dt.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Interesting.

hwl.jpeg

hwl-1.jpeg

This parrot does not like those hats (he curses, so if that's not safe for your work, just be aware):

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I mean, in screwing it up, they actually made it more appropriate for the Giants. So there's that.

True, but if you're the manufacturer of the actual authentic jerseys, how do you get your own design wrong when you make replicas?

spacer.png

Dick's Sporting Goods is selling this as an authentic... looks like the 90s/00s style is coming back (albeit with a hanging sox patch on the sleeve). At least that makes one upgrade this offseason.

pDSP1-17950154p275w.jpg

Damn it... These jerseys suck. The last set at least looked like the Red Sox. All they needed to do was return to the '36 through '76 socks.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I mean, in screwing it up, they actually made it more appropriate for the Giants. So there's that.

True, but if you're the manufacturer of the actual authentic jerseys, how do you get your own design wrong when you make replicas?

It's possible that both styles were being considered and that a prototype image of the replica was published online in error. This would be an easy mistake for somebody who's not intimately familiar with jersey details to make.

Also it would not be the 1st time something like that happened.

Giants - Add some white in the trim and that messed up replica is perfect.

Boston - I guess I'm the only fan of the now-former road uniform. Once they made the socks and sleeves red, I thought it was excellent. Maybe red outlines would work, but I don't think they were necessary.

I disagree about the need for placket piping on the new road. The home uniform is the iconic one, just like the Yankees. They don't need placket piping any more than the Yankees need pinstripes on their roads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How many posters in this tread buys aut. jerseys with name/numbers on, each year, or will buy some next season ?

I'll probably buy that red sox away jersey now
Yeah, Ortiz is not going anywhere.

I really want some A´s jerseys, but i am not gonna buy any, all their players are replaced every few years.

A shame when they have such cool jerseys.

Giants - looks like someone who wasn't paying attention photoshopped the new (old) wordmark onto a picture of their old orange jerseys. I doubt the replicas will actually look like that and will match what the team wears on the field.

Boston - is that the new fulltime road jersey or is this following the (dumb) trend of having a gray road alternate? If it's replacing the current road uniforms then I guess that's sort of a shame because (unpopular opinion) I actually liked those road uniforms. It's a good looking jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

How many posters in this tread buys aut. jerseys with name/numbers on, each year, or will buy some next season ?

I'll probably buy that red sox away jersey now
Yeah, Ortiz is not going anywhere.

I really want some A´s jerseys, but i am not gonna buy any, all their players are replaced every few years.

A shame when they have such cool jerseys.

I don't buy baseball jerseys with names on them anymore unless it's a legend or fan favorite, there's just too much roster turnover. Nothing like a guy walking around with a Ty Wigginton jersey from any of the dozen of teams he's played for.

Giants - looks like someone who wasn't paying attention photoshopped the new (old) wordmark onto a picture of their old orange jerseys. I doubt the replicas will actually look like that and will match what the team wears on the field.

Boston - is that the new fulltime road jersey or is this following the (dumb) trend of having a gray road alternate? If it's replacing the current road uniforms then I guess that's sort of a shame because (unpopular opinion) I actually liked those road uniforms. It's a good looking jersey.

Apparently the navy wordmark version of the Boston grays is gone from all the shops, so it's probably no more. Here's hoping the damned navy jersey is dropped too.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I disagree about the need for placket piping on the new road. The home uniform is the iconic one, just like the Yankees. They don't need placket piping any more than the Yankees need pinstripes on their roads.

I really hope this new/old road Boston uniform is for real.

But I am with you on the placket piping not so much because it's not as iconic as the home uni, but I wonder what would happen to the spacing on the letters.

The home jersey has a nice "Red" "Sox" divide. Would a "Boston" wordmark have a "Bos" "Ton" with too much space in between? Would there be letters on top of the piping? Maybe it could look nice, but I wonder...

I'd say put the sleeve piping on and call it done.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really hope this new/old road Boston uniform is for real.

But I am with you on the placket piping not so much because it's not as iconic as the home uni, but I wonder what would happen to the spacing on the letters.

The home jersey has a nice "Red" "Sox" divide. Would a "Boston" wordmark have a "Bos" "Ton" with too much space in between? Would there be letters on top of the piping? Maybe it could look nice, but I wonder...

I'd say put the sleeve piping on and call it done.

BIT1yHuCIAEAOaz.jpg

They did this once before. Not exactly the big divide you mentioned, but I think that probably wouldn't look too good.

Archived