2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, nothing looks worse than when a team doesn't follow the traditional "team name at home, city name on the road" protocol. To me, it looks minor league and cheap when a team doesn't do it and reflects a lack of pride in the city they represent.

This...QbGVyKC.pngca0jVlk.pngGirQf9j.png

....looks a lot better than this:7xPp3Ak.png3yZIaHo.png5Z40Eo8.png

The Marlins wear Miami on all their jerseys except the orange.

IMO, nothing looks worse than when a team doesn't follow the traditional "team name at home, city name on the road" protocol. To me, it looks minor league and cheap when a team doesn't do it and reflects a lack of pride in the city they represent.

This...QbGVyKC.pngca0jVlk.pngGirQf9j.png

....looks a lot better than this:7xPp3Ak.png3yZIaHo.png5Z40Eo8.png

The Marlins wear Miami on all their jerseys except the orange.

The Rangers wear TEXAS on ALL their jerseys....

Anubis.png

Lack of city pride by having the nickname instead of location on the away jersey doesn't make sense. These teams couldn't give a :censored: where they play; they have whatever location or nickname on the jersey to sell more and make more money, and would bolt to another city that will throw hundreds of millions of dollars at them for a new stadium.

Lack of city pride by having the nickname instead of location on the away jersey doesn't make sense. These teams couldn't give a :censored: where they play; they have whatever location or nickname on the jersey to sell more and make more money, and would bolt to another city that will throw hundreds of millions of dollars at them for a new stadium.

Ofcourse its a business, but you would think the teams would have alittle bit of city pride, and most teams move after the fans give up on the team and stop buying merchandise and showing up to games, outside of a few exceptions Ofcourse, like the mayflower escape or what ever it was called when the colts moved

I don't have a problem with the Phillies using their nickname on their road jersey because a) "Philadelphia" looks ridiculously clunky on the jersey B) Phillies is essentially an abbreviation of the city name.

Exactly. If there's ONE team that doesn't need to put their city on the gray jerseys it's them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think the bolded parts are really true for 90-95% of professional teams. There are plenty of teams that will never leave.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't have a problem with the Phillies using their nickname on their road jersey because a) "Philadelphia" looks ridiculously clunky on the jersey B) Phillies is essentially an abbreviation of the city name.

ya like the sixers use "philla"

I'd be fine with a road jersey that read Phila. Even if it was a road alt that had it in basic block letters. I mean I don't want any more alts (they still need to fix the one they have!), but Phila would be fine with me if they went that route.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd be fine with a road jersey that read Phila. Even if it was a road alt that had it in basic block letters. I mean I don't want any more alts (they still need to fix the one they have!), but Phila would be fine with me if they went that route.

I think Philly would be better.

Anubis.png

I think Philly would be better.

Then San Francisco should have a Frisco jersey. It'd be just as bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would rather not see another team go with a nickname wordmark (the other being Arizona's D-Backs logo). IMO it looks like something you'd see in the minors. I think the Phillies script works fine on the road, but if they would want to change it, they could have the P logo over the left chest with a white outline. It probably wouldn't look that bad, the team name would no longer appear on the road uni, and they could market it as a retro-inspired jersey in the same vein as the Giants alternate.

Yeah, and I don't like that either. The hometown fans already know where their team plays, it doesn't really need to be showcased in front of them.

It's not the 1940s anymore. The hometown fans know where the visiting team is from, because it's written on scoreboards all over the ballpark and they more than likely saw who the opponent was when they booked their tickets. If there's still any doubt, they can take a gander at that little booklet they were handed on the way in. I believe it's called a program.

We knew it was coming, but it's not any less disappointing seeing it. I really hate this trend of teams going back to crappy '80s style uniforms to commemerate a time when the teams were worse than they currently are. I just don't get it.

Easy... $$$$

new jerseys means new sales.

Fine, but why are these teams all going back to designs from the '80s, when the teams weren't as good, and more importantly, when the uniforms were worse? I mean, the A's could come up with any new alternate. They didn't have to go back to a style from the '80s. It was one thing when the yellow jersey was on this template, but it looks worse that this green jersey is replacing a superior one.

What are you talking about? These jerseys are great looking. Sure they aren't as good as the previous greens, but they are still nice. They are certainly not crappy.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The biggest problem with Oakland's new alt is that it emphasizes the white over the gold. I don't mind that they want to push the "A's" logo, but they should at least do it with the right color combos. If it would be in gold w/ white outlines on a green base, I think it would be just as nice as (if not better than) the old ones.

The biggest problem with Oakland's new alt is that it emphasizes the white over the gold. I don't mind that they want to push the "A's" logo, but they should at least do it with the right color combos. If it would be in gold w/ white outlines on a green base, I think it would be just as nice as (if not better than) the old ones.

But the throwback jerseys have a white A with yellow outline.

But the throwback jerseys have a white A with yellow outline.

That's true, but keep in the mind that at the time, the standard homes were in gold with a green outline. Now the standard home and roads are green with a gold outline. Therefore, since those colors (gold on green -> green on gold) have been inverted since the old jerseys, the alternate colors should be inverted too (white on gold -> gold on white). Sorry if it's kind of hard to follow.

Archived