2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

From fanfest, the back of the jersey

1560409_579206628839717_2093463588_n.jpg

I like them. They work. Part of me wishes they kept these as a second alternate, though (with the elephant in the sun sleeve patch):

628x471.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the new Braves alt. Wish more teams had a flag on their uniform. I'm sure Paul Lukas' dumbass has something idiotic to say about it, but I love it. Much better than a :censored:ing Spanish language jersey.

Also really like the Pirates old school hat, but the fact that it's the diamond era crap I won't get it. I only have one of the diamond era hats, the Yankees stars and stripes from last year, but I hated it. It didn't fit right. Hope they don't do that again.

2ly2w09.jpg

Love the new Braves alt. Wish more teams had a flag on their uniform. I'm sure Paul Lukas' dumbass has something idiotic to say about it, but I love it. Much better than a :censored:ing Spanish language jersey.

Really? Why?

Do you have the same issue with the Brewers' Japanese jersey? Or their German or Polish ones?

I prefer the old A's alternates, but these are by no means bad.

In a vacuum they're not terrible. But particularly when you compare them to what they replaced and the rest of the A's uniforms... they're pretty bad. Only surpassed by the recent black jersey misadventure in the "bad" department.

Also really like the Pirates old school hat, but the fact that it's the diamond era crap I won't get it. I only have one of the diamond era hats, the Yankees stars and stripes from last year, but I hated it. It didn't fit right. Hope they don't do that again.

I agree 100% we need more nationalistic and patriotic uniforms and merchandise in pro and college sports. Every MLB club needs to either have a stars/stripes alt uniform and cap or digi camo set in addition to a league wide rule that they be worn at minimum of once a week. NFL & NBA need to get their acts together too as they totally cop out by only supporting America with merchandise but on on field/court uniforms should be mandatory as well. Hell even the cheerleaders in the NFL wear camo in the Salute to Service month, those Nike camo alts would work perfectly on field.

I agree 100% we need more nationalistic and patriotic uniforms and merchandise in pro and college sports. Every MLB club needs to either have a stars/stripes alt uniform and cap or digi camo set in addition to a league wide rule that they be worn at minimum of once a week. NFL & NBA need to get their acts together too as they totally cop out by only supporting America with merchandise but on on field/court uniforms should be mandatory as well. Hell even the cheerleaders in the NFL wear camo in the Salute to Service month, those Nike camo alts would work perfectly on field.

are-you-high-meme-e1363041419783.jpg

sig.png

Really? Why?

Do you have the same issue with the Brewers' Japanese jersey? Or their German or Polish ones?

I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before, and you'll revert back to what many others do and say I'm a racist because I don't like foreign language jerseys.

I'd prefer teams not change the language on the jersey. That's how we celebrate someone's heritage? Just reinforces the lack of assimilation to me. And the Spanish ones are much more prominent, thus my issue with those specifically.

"Sure I’ve been called a xenophobe, but the truth is I’m not. Honestly just feel that America is the best country and all the other countries aren’t as good. That used to be called patriotism." - KP

2ly2w09.jpg

Yeah, I was going to say this is at least the third time I've seen Gothamite try to bate Legend on this issue. Each time has gotten the same response, which was subsequently ignored.

I guess I'm in the middle on this issue. I dislike the concept of foreign name jerseys in general, but they don't bother me much if they're well done, and not just pandering crap with a foreign definitive slapped on a normal jersey. I also don't go nuts every time I see a flag on a cap for any reason, but I'm sick of teams bastardizing their uniforms with regularity to make few bucks and donate a few cents of it to a veterans charity. I'd probably be fine with the Padres keeping their camo alts as a twice a year thing (not every week), but I'd get rid of all S&S hats and camo jersey/hats from games. They can still sell them without the teams having to screw up their look to promote them. The White Sox wearing a red cap with pinstriped jerseys or a white crown/navy brim cap with their black jersey and pinstriped pants made me want to punch random people.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You know who else hates lack of assimilation? The Borg. But they were misunderstood, too.

But you'll be happy to know, Legend, that if anyone speaks a word of Spanish in the new Braves alt - even a phrase as benign as "fish tacos" - the stars in the wordmark burst into flames and it reverts to the old alt (sans tomahawk, cause otherwise that'd be racist). It's a new fabric innovation from Majestic called Americauthentication.

You know who else hates lack of assimilation? The Borg. But they were misunderstood, too.

But you'll be happy to know, Legend, that if anyone speaks a word of Spanish in the new Braves alt - even a phrase as benign as "fish tacos" - the stars in the wordmark burst into flames and it reverts to the old alt (sans tomahawk, cause otherwise that'd be racist). It's a new fabric innovation from Majestic called Americauthentication.

Where can I buy? I have cash in hand.

Really? Why?

I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before, and you'll revert back to what many others do and say I'm a racist because I don't like foreign language jerseys.

I'd prefer teams not change the language on the jersey. That's how we celebrate someone's heritage? Just reinforces the lack of assimilation to me. And the Spanish ones are much more prominent, thus my issue with those specifically.

"Sure I’ve been called a xenophobe, but the truth is I’m not. Honestly just feel that America is the best country and all the other countries aren’t as good. That used to be called patriotism." - KP

I agree, all those jerseys both in MLB and NBA are silly, surprised the NBA did not have jerseys with chinese team names this year.

Really? Why?

"Sure Ive been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. Honestly just feel that America is the best country and all the other countries arent as good. That used to be called patriotism." - KP

Patriotism becomes jingoism when you market and sell it. That's my problem with offensive jerseys like the Braves'. I love my country too much to respect people who turn it into a cynical cash grab.

Pretty much. Pride for your country shouldn't be turned into a cheap marketing gimmick. And that's not just me trying to bash the USA. Canadian companies are guilty of it too. In worse ways sometimes.

Archived