TheFloridianLogoMan

2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

What bothers me about the A's logo is that the "A" is so ornate and detailed in its design but the "s" looks like a simple Arial font. I feel like it should have some sort of flair to match the feel of the "A." It looks disjointed to me.

Am i the only one who thinks the A's caps would look better without the apostrophe "s"

Yes. They tried that back in the Philly days and very early Oakland days. It didn't look complete.

I think the problem with that is almost all teams that use a letter use the letter(s) for their city, not mascot. Seems odd otherwise. The only two that I can think of that do not use the city letter are:

1. Diamondbacks (but that D is stylized to look like a snake)

2. Orioles (O's like the A's)

Am I missing any others?

White Sox, maybe, though that's multiple letters.

Am i the only one who thinks the A's caps would look better without the apostrophe "s"

Yes. They tried that back in the Philly days and very early Oakland days. It didn't look complete.

I think the problem with that is almost all teams that use a letter use the letter(s) for their city, not mascot. Seems odd otherwise. The only two that I can think of that do not use the city letter are:

Am I missing any others?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but the Angels use the "A" for Angels. And then the White Sox...

^ Well, they had that while they were the Anaheim Angels so original intent was according to that

One cap I did like that isn't used anymore is this

intage-Official-New-Era-Fitted-Cap-50053

Never been a fan of the Rays "TB" caps, those new BP/game caps are not much better with the sun burst, but still i wonder if they will wear them in games.

Am I missing any others?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but the Angels use the "A" for Angels. And then the White Sox...

The A is for Anaheim

Well it used to. I think it's safe to say it stands for "Angels" now, with the team poised to drop the "of Anaheim" from their name.

Exactly. It transitioned from "Anaheim" to "Angels" in, what, 2005?

They desperately need an "LA" cap, even if only BP to start.

I'd love an LA cap done up in the current styling of the A logo. Someone (I think it was you Goth) did a mockup of that years ago. Looked pretty sharp.

LA caps should only be for the Dodgers........... stick to Anaheim, you Angels

Exactly. It transitioned from "Anaheim" to "Angels" in, what, 2005?

They desperately need an "LA" cap, even if only BP to start.

I still look at it and think "Anaheim".

LA caps should only be for the Dodgers........... stick to Anaheim, you Angels

Too late. They haven't been "Anaheim" for a decade. Soon they won't be even saddled with their compromise name and they can officially be the LA Angels again.

I'd love an LA cap done up in the current styling of the A logo. Someone (I think it was you Goth) did a mockup of that years ago. Looked pretty sharp.

Thanks, I did one about a decade ago now. Have to see if I can find it. Also had "Los Angeles" on the roads.

Never been a fan of the Rays "TB" caps, those new BP/game caps are not much better with the sun burst, but still i wonder if they will wear them in games.

Sun burst caps always reminded me of a second rate knock off of the Mariners. Similar yet a much worse design.

Tampa-Bay-Rays-feat.jpgBP9432310.jpg

Well it used to. I think it's safe to say it stands for "Angels" now, with the team poised to drop the "of Anaheim" from their name.

They are still the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. (It's actually funny because it literally means The Angels Angels of Anaheim)

A better look at the new Pittsburgh Pirates BP jersey:

1781021_10152201690357931_2027023366_o.j

Someone did a poor job with the placing of certain letters like the "A", as it droops down far below where it should be.

It seems OK with these action shots however:

1601122_10152201811142931_1285640739_n.j1901911_10152203500607931_2119061209_n.j