2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am i the only one who thinks the A's caps would look better without the apostrophe "s"

Yes. They tried that back in the Philly days and very early Oakland days. It didn't look complete.

I think the problem with that is almost all teams that use a letter use the letter(s) for their city, not mascot. Seems odd otherwise. The only two that I can think of that do not use the city letter are:

1. Diamondbacks (but that D is stylized to look like a snake)

2. Orioles (O's like the A's)

Am I missing any others?

White Sox, maybe, though that's multiple letters.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Am i the only one who thinks the A's caps would look better without the apostrophe "s"

Yes. They tried that back in the Philly days and very early Oakland days. It didn't look complete.

I think the problem with that is almost all teams that use a letter use the letter(s) for their city, not mascot. Seems odd otherwise. The only two that I can think of that do not use the city letter are:

Am I missing any others?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but the Angels use the "A" for Angels. And then the White Sox...

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Am I missing any others?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but the Angels use the "A" for Angels. And then the White Sox...

The A is for Anaheim

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

Exactly. It transitioned from "Anaheim" to "Angels" in, what, 2005?

They desperately need an "LA" cap, even if only BP to start.

I still look at it and think "Anaheim".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived