2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Hey, how did CC97 get his username changed?

Looks like a new account. Wonder if he's circumventing a suspension or ban. If so....

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because it's not him, its an obvious imposter

That's the obvious impression...but where the hell did he get that picture of Chris?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Of course not. It's just that typically the whites are in the positions where their racism carries greater influence. Of course there are urban racists of all colors (except purple. I've never met a racist purple person). I'm basing my opinions on my experiences in college, my experiences working with people from all over the country, my experiences living both in affluent suburbs, glitzy parts of the city, and now the inner city. It's my opinion that most racist or "USA!" people (I'll through in homophobes as well) are from areas where they have little to no real experience with the group that they hate, and hate them "just because".

It's just xenophobia.

Xenophobia's not okay, and is a burden on society.

So I don't really understand the objection to the Spanish-language jerseys, other than as a general objection to alternates watering down a team's design.

My objection to it stems from my dislike of empty pandering. The same issues I have with stars and stripes themed jerseys carry over to my dislike of foreign language jerseys.

That they water down a team's identity doesn't help their case either :P

Of course not. It's just that typically the whites are in the positions where their racism carries greater influence. Of course there are urban racists of all colors (except purple. I've never met a racist purple person). I'm basing my opinions on my experiences in college, my experiences working with people from all over the country, my experiences living both in affluent suburbs, glitzy parts of the city, and now the inner city. It's my opinion that most racist or "USA!" people (I'll through in homophobes as well) are from areas where they have little to no real experience with the group that they hate, and hate them "just because".

It's just xenophobia.

Didn't say it was. Of course, I'm not going to encourage my kids to jump in vans with random dudes offering candy, either. Sometimes it's good to fear strangers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So I don't really understand the objection to the Spanish-language jerseys, other than as a general objection to alternates watering down a team's design.

My objection to it stems from my dislike of empty pandering. The same issues I have with stars and stripes themed jerseys carry over to my dislike of foreign language jerseys.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I meant that I don't understand the concept of objecting only to the Spanish-language jerseys, while celebrating the flag-drag jerseys and all the others.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I meant that I don't understand the concept of objecting only to the Spanish-language jerseys, while celebrating the flag-drag jerseys and all the others.

I agree. And, not sure why they continue to do either since I can't remember ever seeing someone wearing a Spanish language or stars and stripes look on the street. People must buy them or they wouldn't continue the promotions but I just don't see them out and about.

It's just xenophobia.

Didn't say it was. Of course, I'm not going to encourage my kids to jump in vans with random dudes offering candy, either. Sometimes it's good to fear strangers.

EDIT: Forget it... you've already proved BBTV's original point better than I could.

What really bugs me is that the Spanish-language jerseys are about 100x more bemoaned around here than the Brewers Italian or German jerseys. That's about all I need to know.

Nonsense. How many other teams do Italian or German jerseys? I believe the Brewers are the only top-level pro team. Meanwhile, Spanish language jerseys are an unfortunate phenomenon, to the point where the NBA has several "Noche Latinas" when ESPN takes it to imbecilic lengths by listing the teams as "El Heat" and such on their sports ticker for the entire day. I don't remember anywhere near the level of comtempt for Spanish jerseys when it was just the Brewers and the Giants, and their jerseys were well done instead of slapping "Los" onto an existing jersey. And you can say it's equally as bad as teams decking out in flag or camo gear, but at least that gear doesn't change the name of the franchises. If MLB trotted out a NY Freedom vs. Boston Liberty matchup as part of "Patriotic Night," I'd be plenty pissed by that, too.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That's the obvious impression...but where the hell did he get that picture of Chris?

In my own personal cache of course.

Thanks to the internet there's lots of ways to get photos of people. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc. If people want to get to you, there's always a way unfortunately. I've had personal experience with that. Pissed me off more than I can explain.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

In my own personal cache of course.

Thanks to the internet there's lots of ways to get photos of people. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc. If people want to get to you, there's always a way unfortunately. I've had personal experience with that. Pissed me off more than I can explain.

and if you do an image search for chris creamer on google its on the first page

I agree. And, not sure why they continue to do either since I can't remember ever seeing someone wearing a Spanish language or stars and stripes look on the street. People must buy them or they wouldn't continue the promotions but I just don't see them out and about.

Sample size of 1, but I wear my Los Marlins jersey as often as any of my others.

Personally, I think that if a team puts effort into making an alternate language jersey (like the Brewers do), then it's interesting and worth doing. If a team just slaps "los" or "el" in front of their basic jersey, then it's not worth doing. I would love to see as "Los Pescados" jersey.

The flag jerseys are ugly, and their coloring clashes with the rest of the jersey, or the team's identity... and camouflage looks terrible, too. They look awful on general principle, but what's more, they pull away from a team's aesthetic. The Marlins black, orange, yellow and "marlins" blue is messy enough without adding olive, red and navy.

What really bugs me is that the Spanish-language jerseys are about 100x more bemoaned around here than the Brewers Italian or German jerseys. That's about all I need to know.

Nonsense. How many other teams do Italian or German jerseys? I believe the Brewers are the only top-level pro team. Meanwhile, Spanish language jerseys are an unfortunate phenomenon, to the point where the NBA has several "Noche Latinas" when ESPN takes it to imbecilic lengths by listing the teams as "El Heat" and such on their sports ticker for the entire day. I don't remember anywhere near the level of comtempt for Spanish jerseys when it was just the Brewers and the Giants, and their jerseys were well done instead of slapping "Los" onto an existing jersey. And you can say it's equally as bad as teams decking out in flag or camo gear, but at least that gear doesn't change the name of the franchises. If MLB trotted out a NY Freedom vs. Boston Liberty matchup as part of "Patriotic Night," I'd be plenty pissed by that, too.

So this...

283%20Kozlov%20BUF%20White%209-11%20Jers

Not serious, but it came to mind because it was patriotic and involved a name change.

I agree that most people take issue with the laziness of LOS and EL more than the name switches, even if it's technically what would be said on Spanish broadcasts.

I just saw this today regarding the Padres and brown. Interesting.

http://www.gaslampball.com/2014/2/17/5420298/definitive-padres-uniform-answer-coming-soon

I'd be interested in seeing them make a switch.

Personally, I've always been partial to their navy/orange from the mid 90's. Although, it may be due in part to wearing those jerseys for little league during a couple seasons.mlb_g_kbrownts_576.jpg

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

So this...

Not serious, but it came to mind because it was patriotic and involved a name change.

I agree that most people take issue with the laziness of LOS and EL more than the name switches, even if it's technically what would be said on Spanish broadcasts.

My point was that every single time you see a new Spanish jersey you see whining and calls of "pandering". Not once have I seen a complaint about the Brewers German or Italian. Look, it's written communication and I cannot judge the tone of an individual poster and I don't know everyone's motives, but the lack of complaint about those two jerseys was quite evident and I suspect there are some who feel Spansh is "PC" and the languages of "our" ancestors is less of a big deal. If Cervecaros is pandering than so is Bierbrauers. And that's all I am saying. The truth is, I'd rather teams don't do these jerseys as well: Spanish, Italian, German, Stars&Stripes, Padres camo, everyone wearing #42, etc. For the most part, I want the uniform to represent the team (and player in the case of #42) as it is known and to be consistent.

Regarding the Brewers, if teams have to do this (which they don't) the Brewers do it right. I get that a radio broadcaster in Mexico would say "El Heat" or "Los Brewers", but "Gigantes", "Cervecaros" and "Bierbrauers" is at least interesting (and what a Mexican team may be called). "Los Mets" is forced and lame.

Anyway, yeah, the Spanish ones are more of a "thing" than the other two Brewer ones, but individual ones get complaints. I believe Cervecaros did too. And when the Italian and German ones came out, I was looking specifically for complaints. Nothing.

As an aside, what I'd do if I were king:

• Foreign: Nothing for on the field. If the Brewers (and others) want to produce jersey t-shirts like this for fans, that's cool. The three Brewer ones make sense given the demographics of Milwaukee. But nothing on the field.
  • Stars and Stripes: Use the same uniforms with a flag patch either on the side of the cap or the chest/sleeve and only on Memorial Day and July 4.
  • Padres camo. No. Especially not every week.
  • Jackie Robinson. No changing everyone's (or anyone's) number. But Jackie's anniversary is a huge deal and I would have every team wear a commemorative patch. I'd go every 5 years, but could live with every year.
  • Throwbacks. Maybe on key anniversaries (25th year of a championship, etc.) for ONE promotional game. But the Twins and Brewers doing it once a week is as bad as the Padres wearing camo once a week. Don't dilute your look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived