There's Still an ABA?

hettinger_rl

So no one wants to tackle redesigning these teams with me?

They're liable to steal the logos. Shysters shouldn't get pro-bono work.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

blackhawkonly-1024x942.png

Isn't this from that Elite Basketball Alliance thread?

I've seen this logo somewhere too. And it's obviously stolen from somewhere the way they just slapped a floating basketball in there between the talons, but its not from the EBA thread I did.

I just wonder how teams afford travel costs in low level leagues like this just to play in a gym.

Indiana State may also be misspelling their own players' names on their misspelled FB page.

Head Coach Jason Lane
Assistant Coach Jake Parker
12 Corderro Bennett 6'1 /176lbs Gary, In.
00 Marquse Burks 6'2/ 180lbs Milwaukee, Wi
9 Ivan Harris 6'0/ 190lbs Hampton, Va.
42 Antonio Hurt 6'5/ 170lbs Michigan City, In.
22 Wais Mahamond 6'8/ 230lbs San Diego, Ca.
30 Rodney Wash 6'5/ 212lbs East Chicago, In.
5 Deshawn Wright 6'3/ 180lbs Gary, In.
24 Jeremy McCelus 5'10/165lbs LaPorte, In
4 Kyle Smith 6'3/ 190lbs Chicago, Il.
32 Reginald Caldwell 6'4/203lbs Gary, In.
87Redskins.png

This is the same league that spawned the Krunk Wolverines (or at least the team that became them, FWIW, but the Warrior's?? Seriously?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Arizona-Scorpions.jpgA.jpg

TL62.png

I FOUND IT! I FOUND A BATCH OF DECENT LOGOS!

Here's a thought. Let's each take a couple teams and redesign them. What do you guys think?

I designed the Utah Avalanche logo(s). If "decent" is a compliment, then thanks.

The current ABA has nothing to do with the original league, it's merely a licensed name. Most teams are barely a step above local rec league teams.

Also, if you're planning on redesigning some of the logos anyway, why don't try contacting some the team owners and offer your services. Contact information is listed on each teams page.

Most of the names and logos remind me of the proliferation of minor-league soccer teams in the late Nineties and early Zeroes. This is not a good thing.

Kind of surprising that they have teams in three foreign countries, though.

rATMcmK.png

• 1 month later...

If you want to see the complete history of the ABA in all it's disastrous glory, head over to OurSportsCentral.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Trust me, you won't be dissapointed. Can't write better fantasy if you tried. Feel free to wade through 13 years of failed teams, broken promises, and delusional owners.

And in fairness, I just cross-posted this thread up there. The rest of the guys on OSC will get a kick out of this.

Dave

Archived