Florida Panthers to Host "Equality Night"

rmackman

993707_10151936551135928_891030300_n.png

Seems like a good idea, but I'm not sure what their angle is. I'm guessing to get more of the gay community to come to games. I haven't heard of any other teams doing this before.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Hosted by The Florida Panthers, The You Can Play Project and The Pride Center. Join us for a Social Hour and Benefit Dinner as we team up to encourage equality in sports at the BB&T Center. Benefit will include Unlimited food and beverage (beer, wine and soda), celebrity guest speakers, silent auction and admittance to the Minnesota Wild vs. Florida Panthers Hockey Game.

During the game we will have PSAs promoting equality, in-game recognition of groups in attendance supporting equality and on-ice presentation. Join us after the game on the ice for a post-game picture with all Equality Night supporters in attendance.

This will be the first event of it's kind in professional hockey supporting the LGBT community. We need to make this a big celebration and a way to help show off our community and promote equality. Their will be national coverage for this event and tickets are extremely limited.

Hosted by The Florida Panthers, The You Can Play Project and The Pride Center. Join us for a Social Hour and Benefit Dinner as we team up to encourage equality in sports at the BB&T Center. Benefit will include Unlimited food and beverage (beer, wine and soda), celebrity guest speakers, silent auction and admittance to the Minnesota Wild vs. Florida Panthers Hockey Game.

During the game we will have PSAs promoting equality, in-game recognition of groups in attendance supporting equality and on-ice presentation. Join us after the game on the ice for a post-game picture with all Equality Night supporters in attendance.

This will be the first event of it's kind in professional hockey supporting the LGBT community. We need to make this a big celebration and a way to help show off our community and promote equality. Their will be national coverage for this event and tickets are extremely limited.

Sounds good to me. I just worry that homophobic protestors will show up and be jerks walking around the front of the arena.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Noble cause, but I wouldn't expect the Cats to be the first to do so. I thought one of the bigger teams/cities(or Canadian teams) would do it. Does this means they will wear rainbow jerseys :P.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Noble cause, but I wouldn't expect the Cats to be the first to do so. I thought one of the bigger teams/cities(or Canadian teams) would do it. Does this means they will wear rainbow jerseys :P.

I think that would be a minor league move, and probably considered somewhat patronizing or even offensive by the LGBT community. The whole idea is to treat them as equals. By changing your entire look for them for one game, you're essentially treating them differently.

spacer.png

Well they found an equally bad team to host.

It's good to see the NHL taking a lead on this issue.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think that would be a minor league move, and probably considered somewhat patronizing or even offensive by the LGBT community. The whole idea is to treat them as equals. By changing your entire look for them for one game, you're essentially treating them differently.

I don't know - the gay community in Philadelphia embraces the rainbow, as you can see by the street signs in the "gayborhood" section of Center City.

gayborhood.jpggayborhood_street_sign_by_verganza_de_sagayborhood-philadelphia-600.jpg

Also, the "Gay Tourism Caucus" uses it.

gayborhood-map-780px.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They really call it "the Gayborhood"? That's even more overt than Boystown.

If it's an equality night, then why are the Panthers stratifying their ticket packages?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It would be more appropriate the Sharks did this :P

They are more busy trying to see if removing the crest from their unis increases player performance.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

It would be more appropriate the Sharks did this :P

Why? San Jose has a recognisable gay neighbourhood? :therock:

It actually makes a lot of sense for the Panthers to host. There's a good sized gay population in South Florida, and this event will probably get them involved.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived