Logo I made for an event on my blog

1990hornet

Hey everyone. Well every year after my Rays' season ends, I do a thing onmy blog where my readers vote on what they think is the biggest moment of the year I call it simply "BRaysball Talk's Moment of the Year". Well I've only used a text logo up to this point and now that it's becoming a trademark yearly event on my site, I wanted to give it a more unique, permanent logo. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to look right I mean I have no problem with the text or the place ment of my blogs logo but the two bats,plaque and ribbon just look....well they don't look good together. I use Inkscape so I couldn't reall alter the vectors I downloaded to make them look better. Well here it is:

m6xo.png

It has the basic Idea I'm going for but it's not fully realized in that. I was wondering if anyone could either do the two bats in an "X", the wooden plaque with brushed gold metal in the middle with a red ribbon on top of that for me or point me to some better free vectors and/or a tutorial made for inkscape?

It was either have the shadow messed up or the signature. I figured the signature was forgivable.

If you're going to take the time to do it, do it right.

Regardless, your shadow on the bats indicate a light source at 12:00.

The shadow on the shield indicates a light source at 1:00

The ribbon indicates a light source centered straight above

So your shadow IS messed up.

It was either have the shadow messed up or the signature. I figured the signature was forgivable.

If you're going to take the time to do it, do it right.

Regardless, your shadow on the bats indicate a light source at 12:00.

The shadow on the shield indicates a light source at 1:00

The ribbon indicates a light source centered straight above

So your shadow IS messed up.

That's the reason I came here for the help. They're vectors that aren't editable that I downloaded. I can't change them only scale them. it's the reason I'm either asking for a tutorial to make them myself, or vectors I can change, or someone to just make the structure for me.

Archived