Dallas Mavericks Jersey Contest Submissions

thelegend5

I was quite alarmed to see the finalists for the jersey contest. My initial thoughts were these aren't very good to say the least. I submitted several ideas at the time of the contest, and I honestly thought they were good. Telling by the committee's selections I guess not. I would like to take this time to present my submissions and get their critique. Please be brutally honest, for this will help my conscience. Thanks everybody!

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p728/thelegend61/MavsUnique-page-001_zps7e454eae.jpg

I saw the finalists on the front page and nearly fell down laughing. Three of them are direct rips of jerseys worn by other teams (Sonics, Nuggets skyline, Wizards/Bullets whatever that is), and the seven others are just unspeakably bad, with the possible exception of number 2, which is just merely bad. And the franchise picked these as finalists? Is anyone in charge here? :censored:, if all the submissions were that bad have some secretly-hired designer put something respectable together and 'submit' it to you, at least.

There is zero reason for them to change what they're wearing now anyway. The only thing I'd do is ditch that dumb p-diddy alt jersey in favor of the navy blue one they dropped in 2010.

I can only get to one of your designs but it looks like you just took the vintage Magic uniforms and copy-pasted Mavs stuff as necessary.

Not sure if the ribbing on the "Cyber" design is supposed to be that apparent or if it's supposed to be more subtle/sublimated. If it's the latter, than I think it'd be cool, but if it's the former, than it's a bit too much (and sorta hurts my eyes). As for the other "modern design" the lines/piping seem too thick for me. Makes everything feel kinda compressed and cramped together. I do like the M though, but maybe adding a basketball or something that relates it to the sport would give it some more character.

Archived