Great uniforms that don't get too much praise.

Ark

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

81875102-1990s-sami-kapanen-of-the-hartf

everyone and their dog talks up the green whalers, but there doesn't seem to be enough praise for their navy/grey/green combo, which is the best the franchise ever looked in my opinion.

(Edit: Just noticed the post above mine...another good example)

I am not saying this is a necessary thread, but I do think it's different than unpopular opinions. This is "underrated" (or maybe "overlooked") uniforms. It may not be unpopular to like, say, the Giants uniform posted right away, but one may still think it's underrated.

I think a good example is the below uniform...nobody really seems to hate it, but it gets very little praise. I think it's quite underrated. While we talk about the BiG and the current set, we ignore this gem:

Therefore, I think it is underrated and fits the theme of this thread. I suppose I could put it in the unpopular opinions thread as "my favorite Brewers uniform", but I still see a difference.

Similarly, here is another classic looking baseball uniform that gets overlooked (and was replaced by absolute trash):

Again, not really "hated" but just overlooked (and underrated)

I would add the Brown/Orange Padres (since everyone talks about the yellow).

And a few years from now, I'll probably say the same about the current Cleveland Cavs.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Hey, can we just merge this with the "unpopular opinions" thread? I'm already seeing the same stuff, one page in.

This is basically the unpopular opinions thread.

There's a difference between liking something that most people don't and uniforms that are underrated. It may not be a huge difference, but it is a difference.

BB52Big.jpg

Ixd8hSy.png

I8RYEyW.png

I feel like their overrated inaugural set gets more love than these, and that's a shame.

Totally agree. Such awesome uniforms that never got the credit they deserved, and ultimately got destroyed by their Edgification.

When I gave baseball examples, I was trying to come up with an example from another sport...that Blues one. That's the one I should have come up with.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Phillies road grays from 89-91

Agreed, 1000%. So much better than the powder blues. Gray/Silver and Maroon is such a great combination.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Didn't the then-Devil Rays never finish above fourth before they went to navy and light blue? I know they also had an ownership change in the year or two before, so between the losing and a new guy at the top, the 2001-07 set wasn't going to last long.

I liked the green personally, but I thought the royal blended in with it too much.

Ixd8hSy.png

I8RYEyW.png

I feel like their overrated inaugural set gets more love than these, and that's a shame.

Totally agree. Such awesome uniforms that never got the credit they deserved, and ultimately got destroyed by their Edgification.

Add me to the list of people that agrees. Hopefully they go back to these at some point

Archived