Great uniforms that don't get too much praise.

Ark

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0111-97-mighty-ducks-of-anaheim-3rd.jpgpreview_652_27634.jpg

How did I just now notice that that set had mismatching collars?

and two different brands...CCM and Nike

The CCM jersey shown is a replica. The Nike jersey is authentic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like it when Army uses that real brassy old gold. I think they use more of a Vegas gold now, but back in the day (well, the 80s thru late 90s) it seemed like they had super old gold pants and helmets. Just looked cool.

Army_CUSA.jpg

(Edit: Just noticed the post above mine...another good example)

I am not saying this is a necessary thread, but I do think it's different than unpopular opinions. This is "underrated" (or maybe "overlooked") uniforms. It may not be unpopular to like, say, the Giants uniform posted right away, but one may still think it's underrated.

I think a good example is the below uniform...nobody really seems to hate it, but it gets very little praise. I think it's quite underrated. While we talk about the BiG and the current set, we ignore this gem:

392266_display_image.jpg?1314801104

Therefore, I think it is underrated and fits the theme of this thread. I suppose I could put it in the unpopular opinions thread as "my favorite Brewers uniform", but I still see a difference.

Similarly, here is another classic looking baseball uniform that gets overlooked (and was replaced by absolute trash):

salmon3.jpg

Again, not really "hated" but just overlooked (and underrated)

I would add the Brown/Orange Padres (since everyone talks about the yellow).

And a few years from now, I'll probably say the same about the current Cleveland Cavs.

That Angels is their all time best look IMO.

Considering the amount of people who are saying they need new uniforms in that other thread, I would say these, especially now that the blue is supposidly the road and the red is the alt.

Yea it could maybe use an outline, but thats it, definitely not an overhaul.

sixersuni3.JPG

When one speaks of the Warriors' uniforms, the Run TMC set, you kinda sorta remember it, either for the aforementioned trio or as Chris Webber's first pro uniform. On its own merits, though, the weird lightning set that replaced this was more memorable due to its badness, and as they'd say at TV Tropes, like pretty much every other Warriors uniform, it's overshadowed by the awesome that is the City set.

Richmond_Dribble2.jpg

On the other end of the spectrum, the latter day Vancouver/early Memphis Grizzlies...

72521456_display_image.jpg?1295478568

69A723545D7C4F6683D2DAD78D946D.jpg

p1_williams.brown_getty.jpg

edit: this one-year set from '04 is basically overshadowed by both the not-navy 80s revival that replaced it and the bib jerseys (yes, for a good while, BYU claimed their new blue wasn't navy, just a really dark royal blue).

590087776.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The 76ers should put "PHILA" on one of those jerseys as well. I think the blue one, with "PHILA" in red outlined in white, just like the Chamberlain era uniforms, would be so good.

Absolutely correct, good sir. Absolutely.

Sixers are in need of alot of help, from all points of their franchise. Uni's included.

Those Sixers jerseys look incomplete with no trim on the lettering or numbers.

No they don't. Adding a stroke for the sake of adding a stroke is one of the dumbest things that's ever happened to sports design.

The Sixers look terrible with that font and no trim. They look rec league, not pro league.

Archived