Memphis Pharaohs Concept

McCall

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say "D" is my favourite.

There is something about the mouth that just seems a little too big and too "fierce" for my liking.

I also find the braided goatee a little to focal,

Otherwise, outstanding execution.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

It's not a goatee, I believe. If you look a pictures, it's whatever that thing on their chin is and often it has that "braided" look to it, so I applied. Felt it gave it a little texture and helped from making it appear so flat.

As far as the highlighting, that's mainly for print purposes and I will adjust them if needed. If it were to appear on a cap or jersey or part of a uniform, it'd be one gold color. I will post that version later to show it.

D is the best one, because it sets off the "M" without losing the integrity of the mask shape. I like how B looks but I would worry about how well the stripes can be reproduced over various media. Very nice work as always.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What is bugging me is the nose highlights on side and the added shading. I dont think it is all needed. Simplier might be better.

A good way to simplify would be to make the light come from either the left or right. This way you can make one half of the logo darker than the other. You can use the blue as your shading color, get rid of the second yellow color, and give the logo a more dynamic look (instead of looking like you just made one side and mirrored it to get the finished logo.

It's not a goatee, I believe. If you look a pictures, it's whatever that thing on their chin is and often it has that "braided" look to it, so I applied. Felt it gave it a little texture and helped from making it appear so flat.

As far as the highlighting, that's mainly for print purposes and I will adjust them if needed. If it were to appear on a cap or jersey or part of a uniform, it'd be one gold color. I will post that version later to show it.

I called it a goatee, but I too am not sure what it is.

Seems probable that it would have been a long braided goatee accentuated by the cloth that ornates it. My point was that in most picture I saw, it looks narrower, almost detached from the face, where yours covers a larger part of the chin. I like teh texture of the braided effect.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Here's how I'm picturing it on a cap or blue background. I've actually always been thinking 1, but just wanted to show the other options. I used the thicker stripes since that seems to be the overwhelming favorite. I also showed it without the highlights, which again, were mainly for print purposes. Some would probably even be achieved naturally with simply the stitching.

MemphisPharaohs_BlueOptions_zps5a87f47e.

2. I'm generally in favor of keylines, but cutting those notches in at the bottom gets a little busy. I prefer the clean line across.

Boy, you're not really getting a consensus on this one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived