Memphis Pharaohs Concept

McCall

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd go ahead and post my most recent update. I changed up the "chin" area. I realized the top of the "goatee thingy" was tilted up when everything else in the logo was tilting down. Other than that, just kind of experimented with some shading elements. I also posted a version without all the shadows.

Pharaoh_Updated_zpsf6db4230.png

Pharaoh_Updated2_zpsaf425e4d.png

Totally forgot about this! Thank you for bumping. Sometimes it needed with what is at the top of the page.

I said before in this thread how much I loved this and the fact you're still taking time to buff it up is great. How long have you been working on this logo? I wish some people (newbies) would take a look at the effort and time put into this and you're still touching it up. I'd love to see one logo being updated over and over rather than 10 concepts being posted within a day without being updated at all.

Edit: I looked back and never even commented on this post, yet I distinctly remember posting my thoughts about the thin stripes ...hmmm, guess not. Looks great anyway with the updates you've made so I guess you didn't need my feedback.

I too missed this the first time. This is freaking amazing!! Although the lack of broghter gold on the pyramid parts on the left and right is bugging me a bit. It still amazing though!

i think the eyes need some touching up. They look a little to big. I think pupils would help as well

I disagree, I think having it full red gives it the ruby type look which I think he's trying to give. It also looks menacing like that IMO.

i think the eyes need some touching up. They look a little to big. I think pupils would help as well

I disagree, I think having it full red gives it the ruby type look which I think he's trying to give. It also looks menacing like that IMO.

I agree with Wonka. I keep waiting on lazers to come out of the eyes...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Looks great, McCall! And personally I prefer the version without the shading. The linework in the face is good enough to give the logo depth.

The point of the highlights/shadows is to give it that look that you see with a golden pharaoh statue or whatever they are. I like having a version in print with some more detail and then another "flat" version that would be more ideal for replication in other formats and textiles.

And yes the eyes are solid red for that more menacing feel, like it's just being awaken and about wreak hell. The size of the eyes have been something I'm constantly messing around with.

Plus the colors (dark blue, gold and red) are the colors of the Memphis city flag. I haven't really messed with matching them exactly. And just an FYI, colors on my laptop appear lighter than they do on other monitors or my phone, so I have a tendency to make them look the way I want on there and then they end up looking darker everywhere else.

Awesome to see this entire thread mccall, I love the latest version, actually I think the version without the brighter yellow highlights could function perfectly. The illustration of the face itself is so strong that it works. Still, the highlights add a lot of depth, so honestly I like both versions haha. I kind of disagree with the comment earlier about shrinking the eyes, it makes it look bolder, and a bit evil. Good stuff

I love the progression, right now my only critique is the dead eyes syndrome which im sure you will fix at a later time, I can't find much else wrong within in the piece, excited to see the next update!

What do you mean dead eyes? The eyes will remain solid red.

I understand, by the term dead eyes, they look flat with no expression, considering that they are ruby's it makes all the sense, but with the shading you are giving the rest of your logo dimension. I merely suggest a simple addition to the eyes to make them feel more like ruby's alongside the rest of the logo versus two dropped red shapes where eyes should be.

sign_zps4131b0ad.gif be_zpsbdc59341.gif cargo_zpsbdc59341.gif dribbble_zpsa770bcd0.gif

Archived