infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - NFL Week 6

infrared41

Is it really week six already? Time flies, I guess. Let's get the show on the road...

I don't know if it's just a fortunate quirk in the scheduling this season or what, but if memory serves, I don't think we've had a full worst list yet this year. And that streak will continue this week. That said, we won't have any trouble filling the five slots on the best list this week.

Best:

1. NY Giants - Chicago: Thanks to the aforementioned schedule quirk, it took a while, but we finally have the Bears home uniforms where they belong - #1 on the best list. For my money, the Bears have the best home look in the NFL. It is a perfect football uniform. Throw in a top five road look with the Giants, and we get a game that's pretty much a perfect uniform match-up. It doesn't get better than this.

Giants_Bears_Football_140739_game.jpg

2. Oakland - Kansas City: The number one slot gave us the best home look in the NFL. At number two, we get the best road look. I'm probably in the minority, but for as great as the Raiders home uniforms look, I think their road uniforms look even better. Throw in a top ten home look from the Chiefs, and we have ourselves another fantastic looking game.

1o4kv8.St.81.jpeg

3. Pittsburgh - NY Jets: Probably a minority opinion again, but I like the Steelers road look better than their home look - and their home look is pretty great. I just wish they would just get rid of the italicized font and go back the the block font. Do that, and they just might have a shot at knocking the Bears out of the #1 spot on the home uniforms list. The Jets home look is one of my favorites. Another great looking game.

Steelers_Jets_Football_140833_game.jpg

4. Philadelphia - Tampa Bay: Add the Eagles to the teams that move up the list thanks solely to the fact Seattle, Miami, and Jacksonville updated to some really awful uniforms. There isn't a bad looking combo in the bunch with the Buccaneers. This game is a great example of how a modern uniform doesn't need to look ridiculous.

Eagles_Buccaneers_Football_140865_game.j

5. Detroit - Cleveland: Speaking of number fonts...the Lions are a couple tweaks away from having a really nice look. The Browns are this week's "if they could just play half as good as they look" team.

-d3a6fdda93f7d379.jpg

Honorable mention: Washington - Dallas: Yes, the Cowboys home uniform has numerous issues. I don't care, I still like it. Yes, the Redskins have some stripe issues. I don't care, I still think they look great.

Redskins_Cowboys_Football_141276_game.jp

Worst:

Tennessee - Seattle: I don't know what to say about Seattle so I won't say anything. The pictures sum it up.

Titans_Seahawks_Football_141209_game.jpgTitans_Seahawks_Football_141107_game.jpg

2. Jacksonville - Denver: Q. What do you get when a really dated, it looked lousy from the start, modern uniform takes the field against an over stylized, "Nike-fied", uniform that includes the worst helmets in the history of the NFL? A. Well, thanks to Seattle, you only manage to get the #2 spot on this week's worst list. There was a whole lot of ugly going on yesterday at Mile High.

Jaguars_Broncos_Football_141146_game.jpg

Don't know which Jaguar's hand it is, but he's doing Ronnie Hillman a favor.

Jaguars_Broncos_Football_141149_game.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll do it all over again next week.

I personally have to disagree with number 1. I hate the Giants road look. There needs to be some blue on that jersey. I will give you that Raiders-Chiefs games generally look pretty damn good though.

Somehow, those Broncos uniforms have grown on me over the years and I don't think they look bad. I know the Jags helmet is a complete disaster, but I think it looks the least horrible with this all white set.

I don't agree with most of the list. The Redskins burgundy jersey with gold pants is awful. The Eagles midnight green are good, but the Bucs white on pewter? No thanks.

The Best game was Colts vs Chargers in their Powder blues.

no, their powder blues are nicer than their navy homes, but it suffers the same problems of trying to be too many things with the navy, powder, yellow, and white over outlined mess they have, and the navy facemask destroys the look, and burgundy over yellow is the redskins best look, and the bucs should only wear their pewter pants, no need for the whites.

The Browns once again look like a NFL team, and not like a mid major desperately trying to look like an NFL team. Good on 'em.

Yes, now they can get back to looking stale and boring the rest of the year while they finish 6-10.

Because monochrome brown's the one thing the team can do to turn things around :rolleyes:

Archived